Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Omg they do come off! :D! yay my subie will be back on the road soon mwhaha.

Yep. The way you did it was the right way, the way the junkyard removed the axle was the wrong way, so you had to do it the wrong way too to make up for that.

Good on ya for tackling a tranny swap in the driveway. I'd throw down some speedy-dry on the oil spill you've got there.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Still, pretty much 6 months since my purchase of my subie. The transmission broke down Aug 10th. Bought the Subie June 28th.

Horrible. Simply Horrible. I will never buy a subaru again after this pathetic hellish experience.

1700$ spent so far in transmission and labor, and nothing.

So, pretty much 3000$ for the car purchase, another 1000$ for 6 months insurance (basically wasted) and now 1700$ in this bs. 5700$ gone into just nothing.

Transmission does not work still, waiting on mechanic..the same one to fix it still.

It sounds to me like there was something wrong with the car when you bought it, and then subsequently it wasn't fixed properly with the replacement transmission. It sounds like you need to find a different mechanic.

I'm not sure how this situation means that Subaru's are junk...

Brian

It sounds to me like there was something wrong with the car when you bought it, and then subsequently it wasn't fixed properly with the replacement transmission. It sounds like you need to find a different mechanic.

I'm not sure how this situation means that Subaru's are junk...

Brian

Well I tried 2 mechanics so far.. not that much useful to try a third one. *Sigh*

And I'm blaming subaru cause I need someoen to blame. :mad::mad::mad::mad: plus subaru = japanese supposed to be easy! *sigh* lol

Well I tried 2 mechanics so far.. not that much useful to try a third one. *Sigh*

And I'm blaming subaru cause I need someoen to blame. :mad::mad::mad::mad: plus subaru = japanese supposed to be easy! *sigh* lol

i feel your pain/anger, i've got over $2000 into the trans of my 93 imp and over 60hrs of labor but its still not right. i'm chasing parts now to try to correct tcm input faults...

its not subaru's fault that their parts are so ridiculously expensive...:rolleyes:

just don't buy another used subaru automatic, i know i never will!!

• 2 weeks later...
i feel your pain/anger, i've got over $2000 into the trans of my 93 imp and over 60hrs of labor but its still not right. i'm chasing parts now to try to correct tcm input faults...

its not subaru's fault that their parts are so ridiculously expensive...:rolleyes:

just don't buy another used subaru automatic, i know i never will!!

Heh....:rolleyes: my damn luck.

Fixed the transmission issue, and now bam the engine has a headgasket leak.

Well, thats the nail in the coffin for this car.

Hey, headgaskets are easy. Trust me, I did one, well two, basically in my own garage with a chilton manual and some advice from a few mechanics. This was before I had discovered the USMB. They're easy to do. All you need is an engine lift and a 12 point 14mm that fits really, really well. If you strip a headbolt, hoo boy! Oh, and a torque wrench. That's about it.

Where is clearwater? I have a 90 legacy, with a basically rebuilt 91 engine in it, that needs a new tranny. Sounds like you have a legacy that needs a new engine with a good tranny. Wanna make a deal? :banana:

Twitch