Ultimate Subaru Message Board

So i finally broke down and bought.....

well its going on 2 years that i have had my 96 legacy.....ive replaced damn near everything except the engine and rear diff (which both still work considerably well)....at 195,000 i guess you can expect a few things to wear out.......anyways i got the privalege to obtain a 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX yesterday and i absolutely love it!.....boost is addictive! its got so much more pep than my old EJ22...although it is a cop magnet.....but yeah just thought i would share.....(i tried to upload a pic here....but nonetheless just take a look at my Photos)or avitar.......

good stuff durania!...:headbang:

cougar-i was also kind of confused with everything (this is my first turbo car and i only have a limited amount of knowledge about the forced induction system but it seemed like it was built rather well......it has a 2.5 sti block with eagle rods and arias pistons.....the 2.0 WRX heads ported and polished with a three angle valve job....and the whole engine resealed and the list goes on and on....and he has the reciepts and everything to back it up....but i do hear what your sayin....not to mention i have 3 points on my license here in PA and my next ticket means i loose my job and my license......so im def. holding back the cars true power....:headbang:;)

oh also is the 5 speed used in the 02 wrx the same 5 speed that is used in the legacy.....i was told it was only meant to hold like 140 HP? Sounds accurate......just trying to confirm....

oh also is the 5 speed used in the 02 wrx the same 5 speed that is used in the legacy.....i was told it was only meant to hold like 140 HP? Sounds accurate......just trying to confirm....
It would probably be a good idea NOT to flog the WRX 5MT on that one if it's stock. The 02-03 WRX 5MT is known as a glass tranny for a reason.

lol...thanks reveen.....i drove another WRX at work yesterday and it only had 4k miles more than mine and first gear already seemed a little quirky.....than again the 1st 5spd trans in my 96 lasted 6 owners, being incredibly beat (for how much you can beat a 135 HP car), and almost 190,000 miles.....

oh come on. My friend/coworker drives a 430whp 460wtq 06 wrx and so far (a year or so) his 5-speed is holding up fine. I can think of at least two other people I know personally running 400+whp through a 5-speed without trouble, one for over 40k miles.

Yeah, they'll break, but generally only when you're doing something stupid.