Ultimate Subaru Message Board

SJR Saga WCSS10 Trip

left wedsday in this

DSC02161.jpg

got just past Tacomma and the engine gave out, got it towed to Zaps place, thanks AAA had a nice dinner at his place borrowed a car and drove back to Bellingham got up thursday moring puts some parts on a EJ lodaded it into my wifes black wagon ,and Zap, scooby, and I put a different engine in the blue car, well the engine seems fine but something noisy with the clutch release so I didnt trust the car and left it and am now on the road with the wifes wagon, Zap I cant thank you enough for all the service ,charity help and friendship you and your family showed me these last few days a big THANK YOU your the greatest .we stayed at the super 8 last night in Lacey and went swimming in the pool this morning , having a great time today even with all the greif and disapointment the last few days, so as I progress will check in when I can heres me for those I promised to meet up with I do have your parts , heres what I look like Scott

DSC00601.JPG

Glad you got to make it down there, albeit without the car you wanted to bring.

Good to know theres folks out there when your in need.

Scott, your not alone with the car problems.

At least mine didnt wait until I was far from Home (yet).

I filled up my Imp this morning. When I came back out from getting my change there was a river flowing from under the car.

People waiting to get gas were making quick exits :eek:

I jumped in and rolled it down and away from the pumps and other cars.

It was pouring out from the fuel line returns, on top of the tank :mad:

No way to fix it today, the tank has to drop.

I put a bucket under it and had Caboob pick me up. I waited about 4hrs and came back and the leaking had almost stopped (and the car hadnt exploded).

Jumped in and hauled butt home, with Russ following me in my RX.

Got the Imp home safely, but when Russ pulled in, my RX spewed steam from under the hood.

So now its cooling off so I can work on it to fix the line that blew.

I quess the Subaru Gods want to know how committed we are to getting to the Show :rolleyes:

I still got the XT6 (knock on wood).

trip in nutshell

wed :

left got to Tacoma broke down

Thurs:

installed new engine in blue car didnt trust the clutch noise left car and drove Marlenes car stayed in Motel

Friday : went swimming, got to the show dropped off parts for raffle stayed in Motel

Saturday; went swimming, went to show , went to Ocean beach , started driving home,

Sunday : picked up blue car in Seattle and drove home without any trouble all is well at home everythings back in place already making plans for next year, hope its closer to home