Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Please , advice on front axles

Impreza , 1993 , 1.8L , auto , awd .

Found two suppliers willing to send two front axles to Brazil.

One is MWE , RECONDITIONED ones , price $95/p

The other is brand "ARC" , NEW , price $60/p

The price difference is not important , I have to pay anyway the freight and customs charges , wich together will amount to about $250......

What is your experience with those two brands ?

Thanks for any input :)

Do a search on MWE axles on here. Many posters on this board say they're the only way to go. I can't speak from personal experience, but there are a lot of people here that know a lot more than me and have a lot of experience with them firsthand so I'd trust them!

Brian

One of the reasons (other than quality :) ) that MWE is recommended is that MWE is not a "faceless corporation" to the USMB members. It is a relatively small company in Colorado (USA) that AFAIK specializes in Subaru axles. Their reputation with us depends on the quality of their product.

Mark Williams Enterprises is involved in a bit more than rebuilding Subaru axles. See http://www.markwilliams.com/ .

From CCR:

http://www.ccrengines.com/mwe/index.html

MWE Axles is NOT Mark Williams Enterprises. It is Marshall Wolf Enterprises. They are in no way related. Never heard of Mark Williams until this.

Emily

http://www.ccrengines.com

MWE Axles is NOT Mark Williams Enterprises. It is Marshall Wolf Enterprises. They are in no way related. Never heard of Mark Williams until this.

Emily

http://www.ccrengines.com

Ooops, very sorry about that, Emily. I've seen the reference made on another board before, and nobody questioned it. I'm glad you've corrected my error. (It's quite a coincidence that there are two "MWE" axle builders in Colorado, however.)

I'll edit my post above to reflect this information.

MWE all the way. there is no way i'd go through ordering any after market axles...i don't, even IN THE STATES it's a waste of time!!

The products can be fantastic , the customer relations is not.

One week ago I was promised to send me all details for shipping . final price etc.

3 repeat messages and two phonecalls later , stil nothing....

So I do not know how to order yet , most cumbersome is the total silence , only an semi-automatic receipt of one of my mails was received. Is MWE stil in bussiness ?

The products can be fantastic , the customer relations is not.

One week ago I was promised to send me all details for shipping . final price etc.

3 repeat messages and two phonecalls later , stil nothing....

So I do not know how to order yet , most cumbersome is the total silence , only an semi-automatic receipt of one of my mails was received. Is MWE stil in bussiness ?

Is he mailing or emailing the info? Are you in Holland or Brazil?

If it's by postal mail, a week is the minimum time frame for the info to arrive to either country.

If you two are emailing, it's possible the emails are being blocked by spam filters, particularly if the emails are coming from Brazil.

It's also possible they are on vacation.

Is he mailing or emailing the info? Are you in Holland or Brazil?

If it's by postal mail, a week is the minimum time frame for the info to arrive to either country.

If you two are emailing, it's possible the emails are being blocked by spam filters, particularly if the emails are coming from Brazil.

It's also possible they are on vacation.

10 days ago I still had 2 or 3 contacts in a timeframe of 2 days.

All by mail , nothing was blocked (from/to Brazil)

Promised was the info for monday , this week.