Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What all do I need to beef up my 97 BG?

PimpinSquee

I have a 97 Legacy Outback and want to lift it 2" for offroading and towing and to play and running BFG AT and MT 215/75/R15 and was wondering what all I need to do. If you have a DIY on what I need to do that would be helpful. I start school for welding on 8-25 and will be finished in a year. I have a guy that can build me a 2.5L STI hybrid with 2.0 WRX heads, STI cams, forged pistons, upgraded valves, and a few other things for about 5k for everything including the motor and have another guy that can build me a 97-98 JDM WRX 4.444 5MT with Viscous center diff and helical LSD front diff with widened 1st-3rd gears and first gear is 3.083, second gear is 2.064, third gear is 1.545, forth gear is 1.151, and fifth gear is 0.825. Then all I need to find is a 4.444 LSD rear diff. Gonna get a set of Bilstein coilovers that are 2" taller than my stock struts from the top of the tophats to the bottom. Need to know what other suspension and drive train and chassis parts I need or mods I need to do. Any and all help is appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...
maybe A.A. might be able to help...

http://alliedarmament.homestead.com/LiftKit.html

i know it's pricey..unless someone knows if something cheaper will give you the extra lift(like a strut swap from another soob)

They don't make subaru stuff anymore. I called them before and they stopped making them because they have way too many orders for guns.

I went with the Scorpion springs and KYB GR-2 struts for lift. I'm running 215-65-16's right now which are pretty close to what you're talking about. I've got a 97 OBW as well.

I don't want to have to deal with struts anymore. I've blown perches and valves in the rear and Bilstein coilovers would suit me better and last longer. Not to mention the plus side that they are sexy.:banana: