Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New lift is in!

bratman18

I like your brat very much! Do you have more detailed pictures or description of how you built your front bumper? I really like that alot!:slobber:

The only pics I have are what you guys saw. We used a tubing bender and a jig for cutting the fish mouths in the end but other than that it was a lot of measuring and figuring!! The way it was attached was, we removed the lower radiator support with an air chisel so that just the bare frame rails were showing and then used a piece of small channel for the new radiator support. Then we bent up the bumper and welded it to the channel where the tubing met it. I cut my fenders off just below the trim.We followed the line of the front grill for the top of the bumper and the added the hoop, which I personally love!!:headbang: At the time my friend wanted to start making that kind of stuff for sale but now he kind of went downhill in his life so you can follow what mine looks like but unfortunately I can't have any made!

• 2 weeks later...
I believe if you remove the brake line from it's holder by carefully clipping it, it will give you some grace room.

On my 3" lifted wagon, the brake lines are not extended, only freed from their oppressive retainers :-p

Thats what I have done but I wasn't sure how safe that was and I was wondering if it would pass inspection?!

with a 4 inch lift at full extension front and back it does work when they are freed from the retainers.but, it does stretch and eventually start to crack if you are driving about with an abusive nature.;)

as far as inspection goes,i dunno about your rules over there.......cheers, brian

ok another question! My brat has a 5spd d/r tranny. When I lifted it I didn't space the center bearing down. Do I need to? It seems like there is a little binding or something but I wasn't sure. So let me know what you think or have done! thanks!

So I was thinking......maybe if I just spaced the diff down on the oxbow more. I just dropped it an inch or so so would dropping it more make the angle on the u joint better?? Someone please let me know! Thanks

on a EA81 go stock geometry , so drop everything the same length at the rear

okay! thanks i was just hoping to gain a little more clearance but it won't make that much difference. so if i bolt on a metal plate and rebolt the diff lower it should fix it!? but what about the center bearing mount do i need to do anything to that?