Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I long for the boost love

Caboobaroo

Oh man, I haven't updated this thread for a long time. More things have been done since the last update. I got all the intake/PCV plumbing in and done, had to replace the crappy F-pipe since it broke. PS lines are the EJ22T down to the ends of the flex lines, then I had EA82 ends put on so they mate up to the EA steering rack. I also cut the crap out of the core support for the EJ22T radiator to fit. Got the EA81 A/C slim fan to fit between the radiator and the PS pump with about 1/2" of clearance. Still need to figure out the other side as far as a fan. Wiring harness is in and a couple wires still need to be spliced together since I didn't want to splice them out of the car and then run into an issue of it being too short.

Everything else is done though as far as I can think. Oh well maybe not the heater hoses and a couple bolts here and there.... Here's a pic, the rest are in my gallery.

http://rides.webshots.com/album/555167621jgSQVh

2559624370067339125S600x600Q85.jpg

2880774930067339125S600x600Q85.jpg

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rob its not really a race.. The clock starts when you start the project. Russ is dreaming big I will give him that, but just doing a little at a time instead of all at once he would have been driving this car a few years ago. Then it would have beena series of small projects and not ginormous one.

Hurry up Russ!

Mykey

Rob its not really a race.. The clock starts when you start the project. Russ is dreaming big I will give him that, but just doing a little at a time instead of all at once he would have been driving this car a few years ago. Then it would have beena series of small projects and not ginormous one.

Hurry up Russ!

Mykey

Oh, it is now :rolleyes:

I started mine on Fri.

slackers........:grin:i don't believe either one of you are building anything.:grin:cheers, brian

For whatever reason, that came off really funny.:) Good job on the swap caboob, don't get unmotivated, it'll get done soon. I am in the same boat.

This still isn't done?!!?

Don't forget to put oil in it!:lol:

No still not done. I lost motivation awhile ago for a few months but I've had a hair up my @$$ in the last couple months so stuff has been getting done. I've been trying to get a few other things done with it too like '05 STi engine mounts, fitting that radiator in there and figuring out what fans I want to run.

Oh and there's oil in it:lol:

• 4 months later...

Woo woo! Progress is slow but continues!

I'm currently working on the exhaust for it since it was another thing I needed to do. Picked up an ERZ 3" bellmouth catless downpipe with a broken hanger and an Esplier JTC-500 catback from my buddy's '05 STi monster. I got the downpipe fixed yesterday and will be installing it today. Then I might hit up the junkyard to see if I can find the 3AT crossmember I need and see what I can do to make it work.

I also have all my electrical stuff at the house now (Power Probe, DVOM, etc.) so I can figure out what's going on with my harness.

Time to get crack-a-lackin!

HOORAY for progress!!!

Yesterday I took my harness down to Suberdave's and we went through it checking it out. Glad to have another set of eyes on it since I was going crosseyed everytime I'd look at it.

Did a couple small connections, figured out all the other loose ends and its ready! I came home yesterday, put it in the car, found out my fuel pump is no worky and stopped. Went onto do yardwork instead:rolleyes:

I just ordered a NEW Walbro 255LPH pump since the used one I have is crap. Now I just gotta wait for it to show up, along with a new oxygen sensor, new serpentine belt, an alternator, and a few other small items I've been needing. With any luck, I might just get a trip permit and bring it to the show instead of the XT6:rolleyes: