Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Any pics of lifted XT's? Pics of my stock one inside!

89subiext

If you dont want the expense of buying a lift kit, get a pair of adjustable rear shocks or 2wd rear shocks. The fronts you may have to do a search on cause I cant remember what will lift it.

Get some 15" Pug alloys and the right size tire and you will have a pretty tall XT.

If you dont want the expense of buying a lift kit, get a pair of adjustable rear shocks or 2wd rear shocks. The fronts you may have to do a search on cause I cant remember what will lift it.

Get some 15" Pug alloys and the right size tire and you will have a pretty tall XT.

Yeah will 2wd xt struts lift it?

2WD XT struts are the shortest struts Subaru made for the EA82 series.

I wouldnt recommend them if lift is what your after.

Sort of true, the front 2WD XT struts are the shortest subaru made but the rear 2WD struts are the longest subaru makes :grin:

On the 2WD the struts mount where on the 4WD the axle is, but has the same ride height. mount a 2wd rear strut on a 4wd subie and lift-off! ;).

Sort of true, the front 2WD XT struts are the shortest subaru made but the rear 2WD struts are the longest subaru makes :grin:

On the 2WD the struts mount where on the 4WD the axle is, but has the same ride height. mount a 2wd rear strut on a 4wd subie and lift-off! ;).

So those struts will lift my car how much?

+1 I had my 86 XT on 14 inch pugs for awhile and with the air suspension on high it looked SWEET!!!!! Plus the larger tires fill in the wheel wells nicely!! Try that 1st and go from there if you need more. You'll be happy you did. Frank