Ultimate Subaru Message Board

So I finally made something worthwhile for your ea81!

So yes I know I have been dragging on the bolt pattern adaptors for a long time... BUT in the meanwhile I was able to make the jig and write the CNC program to make something else..

What does every ea81 subie need??

picture.php?albumid=25&pictureid=147

CNC fly cut, drilled and slotted brake rotors for your overwhelming high performance needs!! :banana:

So I know because of the screaming horsepower and handling our brats and station wagons produce, we need to have proper braking capabilities to match it...

(these were some used Bradi rotors that were warped off my lifted turbo-brat and I ALMOST tossed, but I decided to get creative and spend a lot of time fudging around with them, seeing as they werent that old)

So I am able to produce Drilled and slotted like shown, only drilled, only slotted, or only slotted with more/less slots, and just about any other combination you can think of (and of course the precision non-directional fly-cut finish). Like the bolt pattern adaptors, making the jig to set up in the CNC was the hard part, but I am pretty sure I'll be able to do ea71 rotors as well as early solid ea81 rotors just by rewriting the program a little

-Mike

So after going thru the costs & availability of rotors, it makes it hard to compete with ebay prices. R1 concepts seems to make a drilled and slotted rotor for anything. I'm not sure what kind of tolerences they work with or what quality of rotor they start out with. I do know that poor quality grey irons will result in rotor cracking.

If I was to machine and sell these on a regular basis...

a pair of ea81 vented brembo rotors, drilled and slotted, would have to be in the $130 range

a pair of ea81 vented bradi rotors, drilled and slotted, would have to be $115

a complimenting set of PBR metallic pads I can get for $40

I did some searching, and if I was to go with the cheapest rotors I could find, I might be able to get an ea81cheap set out for $80

If someone wanted to send me their used rotors, all the CNC time and bead blasting would cost about $75

Shipping of course, would be straight across whatever shipping costs..

*update* looking at other rotors...

ea82F Brembo $130

ea82R (turbo) Brembo $105

ea81 NON-vented (early) Brembo $120

EA71 Bendix $90

EA71 Beck Arnley $115

So anyway, thats what I can do these for, give me your thoughts/opinions on prices. I dont know if I really want to be selling these, seeing as they are BRAKES, and I dont want to get sued or anything like that..