Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Reiter Pit Run Jan 17

one eye

Who Wants to come?

I'm hoping that there is snow coming for this run, That way it'll be just like the one we did last year, and it was perfect.

I'm not to sure what day to pick, I was thinking around the 17th.......but want to see what works for everyone else.

Jeff

Edited by Zap

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

put me down as a maybe. what trails are you guys planning on running? hobbit (tree trail), lower power lines, upper power lines, the wall, sac-up, v-notch??

I don't really know any of the trails down there, Last time we went with Qman and Zap, they seem to know reiter pretty well. Hopfully someone who knows the place comes along.:)

Jeff

I don't really know any of the trails down there, Last time we went with Qman and Zap, they seem to know reiter pretty well. Hopfully someone who knows the place comes along.:)

Jeff

well if i can come i know it fairly well, i've been riding there and wheeling there for almost 14 yrs. a lot has changed, but the general trails are the same. there is just a lot more bypasses and everything has erroded away.

seeing as i traded my little bro my subie for his jeep would ya'll kill me if i asked to tag along in my jeep??? the boy needs a subie so i gave him mine. eventually i will get another one. but i was wondering??:banghead:

Ya it's open to anyone! come along!!!!

:banana:

Jeff

count me in, I still need to adjust the backlash on my lsd, but I should be ready to go for some light wheelin come January. and it probably wont be snowy, too low of elevation.

light run?? what trails are you planning on running? the power lines and logging roads? reiter normally gets snow during the winter, it doesn't stay as long as the upper parts of the cascades but they get a decent amount of snow towards the index wall and plenty of wet snow. it won't be 4 feet deep, only 6 inches to a foot.

• 2 weeks later...
That would be 2 toys and 1 Jeep if there are no objections.

None with me, more is better.

And also just in case anyone in the subaru world does feel the need to go, if your rig is stock.......... you may want to pass on this one.......last time there was one stock rig along.....he made it, but it got bashed up a bit, really I was surprised how well he did.:banana:

Jeff

Merry XMAS everyone....

Long time no speak! Man I have been busy.... :-\

I know Reiter is along way for me, but I have to make it up there and meet some of you guys. Winter seems to me my USMB surfing time, So you should see some more of me for a bit :grin:

I pulled my subaru's apart and have been messing with my other cars but finally got the wagon all sealed up, tuned up and ready to go! Shes running like a champ and not leaking anymore!

I have a few small things I want to do before some serious wheeling.

-Try to figure out a way to set up my muffler, so I have better departure angles (try to hide it somewhere further up, or tucked up tighter to the body)

-Raise up the rear end a bit. (I was toying with the idea of zero rake, and It need to be a little high in the rear for squat, on throttle and for better rear clearance)

Other than that it just leaves me with a question. When I made my exaust system, I kind of used what I had and didnt change it from when I raised up the car. So the system is the lowest part of the car ( it crosses under the driveshaft and is the lowest part of the car). Does this pose major issues at Reiter? Is there lines available through the trail, that alowes for not bashing the undercarage? I have a 4in body lift and 2in susp lift on 28's. Just wondering as if need be, ill try to fix that too.

Merry XMAS everyone....

Long time no speak! Man I have been busy.... :-\

I know Reiter is along way for me, but I have to make it up there and meet some of you guys. Winter seems to me my USMB surfing time, So you should see some more of me for a bit :grin:

I pulled my subaru's apart and have been messing with my other cars but finally got the wagon all sealed up, tuned up and ready to go! Shes running like a champ and not leaking anymore!

I have a few small things I want to do before some serious wheeling.

-Try to figure out a way to set up my muffler, so I have better departure angles (try to hide it somewhere further up, or tucked up tighter to the body)

-Raise up the rear end a bit. (I was toying with the idea of zero rake, and It need to be a little high in the rear for squat, on throttle and for better rear clearance)

Other than that it just leaves me with a question. When I made my exaust system, I kind of used what I had and didnt change it from when I raised up the car. So the system is the lowest part of the car ( it crosses under the driveshaft and is the lowest part of the car). Does this pose major issues at Reiter? Is there lines available through the trail, that alowes for not bashing the undercarage? I have a 4in body lift and 2in susp lift on 28's. Just wondering as if need be, ill try to fix that too.

Jess!!

Good to hear from you, I thought that you had left the Subaru World. Good to see you didn't.:grin:

Last year there was a stock Wagon that went through all the stuff we did, he smashed the rocker panel but over all had very little trouble getting through all the stuff. Looks like you still got a few things to go but nothing to major.

Jeff

I would like to tag along, but would my wagon make it? It's a stock 5 speed D/R with 26" tires.

Depends, if you want to beat it a little.

rieter003.jpg

This is what happened with the last stock rig that went with us. he made it but this was the biggest problem area that he had.

BTW

Where at in MV are you at. I live right off River Side DR.

Jeff

Depends, if you want to beat it a little.

rieter003.jpg

This is what happened with the last stock rig that went with us. he made it but this was the biggest problem area that he had.

BTW

Where at in MV are you at. I live right off River Side DR.

Jeff

Chris where are you last time you pulled me out and took some nice video