Ultimate Subaru Message Board

top speed of a brumby and leone

erez

hey all:)

I was wondering what is the top speed ( while the cars were new) of those

two cars

A brumby 1600 , with no extra changes with the original engine and carb (like it came from the factory).

A GL wogon 1800 EA82 hitachi carb .

lets say they both 5 speed manual, and another brumby with 4 speed manual

thanks 4 the help :banana:

well, standard EA81 engine, apart from a cherry bomb, K&N and running it at 3.1%, downhill ive had 117mph

with a couple of hundard RPM left, 120 is possible, maybe a tadge more, dont like doing top speed runs, causes ALOT of strain those last few MPH

bearing in mind the wheels and tyres ive got and it being a bit lower and alot stiffer helps with the handling ALOT at higher speeds, even then things start to waver!

anyone got an idea bout the 5 speeds, might need one after my engine is done!

Edited by backinbrat

well, standard EA81 engine, apart from a cherry bomb, K&N and running it at 3.1%, downhill ive had 117mph

with a couple of hundard RPM left, 120 is possible, maybe a tadge more, dont like doing top speed runs, causes ALOT of strain those last few MPH

bearing in mind the wheels and tyres ive got and it being a bit lower and alot stiffer helps with the handling ALOT at higher speeds, even then things start to waver!

anyone got an idea bout the 5 speeds, might need one after my engine is done!

Thats pretty impressive, ive actually noticed every subaru ive had is incredibly stable at " high speed" down hill runs. My brothers 94 loyale could do 180km/h down a big enough hill and was fairly steady, i was pretty surprised.

Thats pretty impressive, ive actually noticed every subaru ive had is incredibly stable at " high speed" down hill runs. My brothers 94 loyale could do 180km/h down a big enough hill and was fairly steady, i was pretty surprised.

i was quite happy that i got that! you gotta milk it when uve got to keep up with a skyline or 2 and a celica GT4 :P, pass them when you can! hahaha!

had my 1985 GL sedan up to 197km/h last month on the flat and no wind

only mods where open exhaust (really open) and timing retarded a few degrees

and that number was according to my GPS not the speedo

Hey,

What gear were you in?

I had a 89 SPFI DR 5 speed 105 mph on dirt in 4th gear. I ran out of something. 5th gear didn't matter. My tires weren't very good so I didn't push it.

Sincerely,

Doug