Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Carlise May 15-17th the East Coast Meet

I would never discourage anyone from going to Carlisle. It is a fun time and a great opportunity. Nice cars to look at and good vendors. Just a lot of money to spend just to hang out with cool people.

A wise man said "are we going for the show or going to hand out with friends?" It makes sense to find a central location and only have to pay for food and gas.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we should give Carlisle a piece of our minds...that being said I am waiting for my DEPOSIT back and I will personally spaz on anyone who opens up a can of worms before I get it. After I get my $$$ back feel free to speak your minds. I'll let you folks know asap when I get my check but in the meantime lets just cool our jets a little.

I'm not saying I won't go back to Carlisle either...I just will only buy one pass and me and my dad might go for 6 hours on a saturday and be done with it.

I don't need to go to Carlisle to see saabs, volvos, and VW...I can go out to the main street and see them go by all day long.

I agree with Matt... give it some time for things to cool down before anyone makes any hasty remarks. Matt has gone above and beyond doing what he has and deserves the respect of all of us in waiting for him to get his deposit back.

Hey everybody,

Erik with the blue '79 BRAT here... I wanted to say that it was good to meet a bunch of you and see your rides. I'm not sure what incident went down, but I hope everything can be worked out. Carlisle seems to be about the best place in the PA, NY, NJ, DE, MD area to see some unique old imports and it would be a shame if bunch of you decided not to return next year.

I too had a great time. I definitely plan on being there at Carlisle next year, as it seemed like a great venue (if it wasn't raining).

Maybe that lady won't be there next year? :-\

Either way, I'd come again with my Claret.

So, what happened? Did someone cause trouble or are the people that run the event causing trouble? Sounds like Volvos were involved:lol: Anyways, I would love to meet up with you people at some time in the future and if it means not going to Carlisle, than so be it. But it would be cool to know what happened.

Hey folks,

I'm the guy who had the black Outback Wagon parked over in the Media area behind the Subaru tent on Saturday - someone gave me a shout of, "nice Outback!" as they were walking by while I was digging around in the cargo area, if that helps to place it.

Anyway, it was good to bump into a few folks, even if it was briefly. We were tied up filming all day, and I never really got a chance to come back over and say hi properly. Hopefully I'll have time next year to drive the Brat up; it just wasn't on the cards this time since we had to lug three people plus gear up from VA.

Of course, I'm not above accepting EJ-22 transplants, especially if it means the presence of another EA-81 won't cause offence to some :D

Happy Birthday Jess!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't forget...hopefully HE didn't forget today either

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

A 21 banana salute!

THanks Matt....you need to add 8 more banana to your salute. No he didn't forget, but I am anxious to see my presents.

Who's really clean lifted black Brat is that?

I don't know who has it but at the show it looked to be a really dark blue, in the pics it looks black. It looked really nice. I liked to see all of the Subarus there. I might be partial to the brats because I have one.:grin:

• 3 weeks later...

ok folks here is the deal. I got my $$$$ and I have it cashed already. My trust is on the low side for them...

Here is what I propose:

We write a letter asking for an explination as to why they suck so bad. I think you guys know what I mean. I have a mailing address and I have the girls email address that we have dealt with. I think we should write a letter on here and let people add stuff and maybe change some stuff and correct grammer errors you know stuff like that. when we get our act together I will submit it and we can go from there. Ok with you folks?

I don't have time to get it started right now...if someone wants to get the party started go for it otherwise I'll work on it later.

Let's rock!

So what happened? Feel free to pm me if it's not a totally public thing, but again it would be cool to know if I think about going in the future. If not I understand. (I'm not trying to be nosy:grin:)

look we are trying to discuss something here....I have a feeling it will be mentioned in the letter we write but for now sit back and relax....we are trying to do something here.

Ok folks...I have had some mixed opinions on this show and i need to know what you folks want to do.

1. say the heck with it and don't go back

2. take our "free" tent next year (if they don't screw us out of it)

3. Write a strongly worded letter and see what happens?

4. take our "free" tent next year (if they don't screw us out of it) and then never go back after that.

5. other.

---------------------------------------------------------

Ok here is the deal...I feel like I snubbed the fellow up a few posts about what happened and for anyoen else that either didn't know or forgot: John and Jess were there and John made a little noise with his monster brat and then they tried to say that he was turfing the lawn (he wasn't). Then they called the cops and John and jess were thrown out on sat night at 10 or so pm and told not to come back for the rest of the show. THEY MADE THEM TEAR DOWN THEIR TENT AND GTFO. Mind you NKX a few years back was raising heck a little too much and he got his car thrown out but that is all that happened. We as a group feel that since we are small that they really don't give a crap about us. Also, there was a car from every make up front on sunday for their "best of the best" BS awards....except there was no Subaru.

as of right now I want to know what the people who actually go to this show feel like doing. Do we want to tell them how we feel and are we ready to walk away from it as a club or ????????????

I'm not going to put too much more effort into this as I have other fish to fry this summer...we either bang out a letter soon or drop it as a whole. You guys and girls tell me.

As of right now i am inclined to go back next year and take the free tent but only buy what I intend to show and realistically only go on saturday and maybe friday and then never go back unless I go for the day with my dad etc. but if nobody is going to be there then what is the use.

This could be the longest post I have ever made.... :lol:

I think we should definitely write a letter stating how we feel... I have been thinking about how to even start it. You know we have to keep it as professional as possible. Then lets see what they have to say about that.. make sure the letter states that they are doing a wonderful job of making us not feel welcome. My sarcasm wants me to apologize for not being a high dollar club and not being friends with the Millers.

I wish we had that womans name personally