Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Sammy t-case to subaru

bigo1966

as much as i would love to put an automatic in front of my zookie case,umm not that one.the 5 spd dual range is the usual suspect.sos you can have dual cases........and seeing as how it is a divorced case,with enough fabrication , you could add it to anything......cheers, brian

You can add a sammy t-case to a subaru? Which model, ea82? And would that make a push-button 4wd able to have a hi-low?

You can add a sammy t-case to a subaru? Which model, ea82? And would that make a push-button 4wd able to have a hi-low?

the pushbutton at that point would be useless, as with the sammy tcase, you need to run the soob transaxle in 4WD to feed power to the tcase...

then lift up your soob high enough for clearance underneath the tcase, and room to put in the lifts front and rear to match height wise, and the custom mounts for the front diff....

here's my tcase mounted...

tcase-1.jpg

now because mines undergoing other major work, it's been designed to keep the center of gravity as low as possible. therefore the hole in the floor to help clock the transfer case a bit for more clearance, but that also means more of the floor cut out so new tunnel can be put in....

the nissan t-case is a bit larger and taller, but has the outputs centered, so matches up to the soob diffs better if you're just doing a straight lift

2.2 motor hooked to a Suzuki auto tranny, which goes into a Suzuki Vitara1,81 transfer case, which goes into Suzuki Samurai 4.87 t-case.

attachment.php?attachmentid=149581&d=1229952686

attachment.php?attachmentid=149585&d=1229952765

It´ll be going into this.......

attachment.php?attachmentid=149576&d=1229952493

Nice meeting you all.........:) I will have a few questions in the near future....

that is SOOOOOOo what i am talking about!nice work,i need a damn tubing bender..........kinda weird to me that you have long track bars like that though.i am not bashing,just trying to understand.i have been wanting to build a buggy like that for al ong time and i am just now learning more fab skills and am getting closer for sure.awesome.cheers, brian

Edited by monstaru

I received a PM asking me about the starter setup....

attachment.php?attachmentid=149582&d=1229952702

Kinda blurry pic, but that´s a VW Beetle starter. In order to get the daimeter needed to mount the starter alongside the tranny, I needed a BIG flexplate. It just so happens that the gear tooth profile for the VW starter is the same as that on a GM V8 flexplate, so that´s what I used.

The adapter flange is a complicated arrangement of custom-made parts.....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
that is SOOOOOOo what i am talking about!nice work,i need a damn tubing bender..........kinda weird to me that you have long track bars like that though.i am not bashing,just trying to understand.i have been wanting to build a buggy like that for al ong time and i am just now learning more fab skills and am getting closer for sure.awesome.cheers, brian

For a long travel suspension, the links should be as long and as horizontal as possible, this to minimie angular change as the suspension cycles.

• 4 weeks later...

Some new pics.......

Yesterday, today and half of tomorrow are holidays here, so I got some extra work done.........

attachment.php?attachmentid=158448&d=1235517063

attachment.php?attachmentid=158449&d=1235517102

attachment.php?attachmentid=158450&d=1235517140

attachment.php?attachmentid=158453&d=1235517321

The air cylinder´s not connected at the bottom yet, I need to make an extension for the shaft so that it´s mid-stroke at ride height.

attachment.php?attachmentid=158454&d=1235517371