Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Recipe for Disaster

ok, you asked for it....the following pics are not for the faint-hearted! :eek:

th_oldhood.jpg

th_oldfender.jpg

these were taken after the parts were removed from the car - yes, the car is still going!! :grin: gotta love that.

However, what the salt can do to an undercarriage is really disheartening - that is what kills most vehicles up here in salt country...

I know there are some others with pics of rotted out undercarriages - I dont have any - too depressing...

Wish I had my old Datsun b210. You could stick your arms thru the doors, the rear quater panals, the firewall, well,, pretty much any body/frame part had holes in it. Used towels for insulation in the doors, and pop rivets and a stop sign on the fire wall. But that car just wouldnt die.. Still ran when we sold it too. Some mexican guy bought it, and drove it to Arizona, where the alternator went out, and he abandoned it.

Wish I had my old Datsun b210. that car just wouldnt die.. Still ran when we sold it too. Some mexican guy bought it, and drove it to Arizona, where the alternator went out, and he abandoned it.

i grew up with this old 80's subaru GL my mom had

rusted and sometimes loud, i was so embarrassed around my friends

but i look back now and realize the durability of these machines

mom sold the car to mechanic who used the engine. rest of it wouldn't pass inspection:-\

That would fit right in up in Ward!

Yeah.... I lived in Boulder then though :grin:. Me and some other grad students live in the upstairs of an apartment, with our old junky cars, and downstairs lived a few freshman undergrads, with brand new cars that were obviously not bought by someone in their income bracket if you know what I mean....:rolleyes: