Ultimate Subaru Message Board

91 Legacy SS seats in a 96 Outback, what do you think?

They look good in your car. Hard to tell how well the color matches the rest of the interior or the exterior in your picture post. Big thing is that they look comfortable. Take comfort over looks any time.

I have a 99 OBW with an uncomfortable driver's seat. Don't know if it was designed uncomfortable, or if the padding has crushed down over time. My butt aches if I sit in the seat for any lengthy drive. Wouldn't mine having a pair of seats like yours.

I say do it. I've learned that u can put any year subaru seat in just about all subarus with a lil bit of modifying. Since they are both ej cars i think they will bolt right up. Do what ever is comfortable.

my 86 wagon has 98 Outback heated leather seats in it cuz I couldnt deal with the crappy EA series seats.

One problem I've noticed, no matter what the year of seat, I destroy the outer edge of the drivers seat. I dont know if the spring breaks and then the foam desinegrates or what, but it drives me up the wall. Left thigh is always sitting on metal after a year with the new seats

Major reason for replacing the seats was because originals were so uncomfortable on long trips. Made me really fatigued.

I could drive for hours with out any problems in my 88 GL cuz the seat was soft and comfy.

So far the new seats seem far better then the old ones. Time will tell. If not I'll be in the market for 00-04 seats.

Here is another picture but the sun was kinda in a bad spot.

picture.php?albumid=4&pictureid=620

Edited by subieman