Ultimate Subaru Message Board

questions about headlights- thoughts pls?

Hello friends.

I got into a bit of a finder bender this morning. Nothing too bad; I got hit while in the lft front quarter panel as I pulled away from a curb. Car is drivable but as the sun went dowon and I needed to use my headlights I ralized they weren't on. The marker lights on both sides come on but the actual headlamps do not and this is for both lft and rt sides. They high beams don't work either. Any suggestions on what this might be. I looked at the fuse box but did not have flashlight and am not sure which fuses it would be.

Help please

Start with the simple stuff first. Are you sure that all the headlight bulbs are okay? A significant hit like the front end took might have knocked out one or more filaments.

The headlights are controlled through relays. The relay might have become dislodged.

I'm honestly not sure whether the headlamps are actully fused or work off of one of the fusible links. It's better to wait until someone else posts who has a working knowledge of the headlight power wiring (or a factory service manual).