Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I got an ss!!!!!!!!! Yeah!!!!!!!!!!

Nice! Yours looks way better than mine!:slobber: I have a white '92 tleg 5speed.

You will love how well they respond to just a few add on bits. I have done a act street light flywheel and act heavy duty clutch, invidia down pipe off of a sti along a 3" down pipe back exhaust with magnaflow muffler and just a few other things to start. Really livened it up with those few things!

Enjoy yours!:burnout:

they are hella fast, watch out for the turbo spool up and letting up on gas before the spool up, still gaining speed with accelerator let up, cause it can toss you for a ride not worth reckoning. Basically, if you go full throttle down, it takes some reaction of the turbo and before you know to let up, it could be too late and you will be out of control on a slide.

Hey! This was actually a good friend of mine that owned this car. I didn't expect the buyer to be on USMB though :banana: Nice to see you here.

I know quite a bit about what was done with the car, so if you have any questions about stuff on it, go ahead and ask me. I just might know. :grin:

One big thing that comes to mind is, it's got a homebuilt manual boost controller that I built, and it's set to around 11-12 PSI instead of the stock 7. The motor has also been fully resealed.

Good luck with the car! I was sad to see it go when my friend sold it.

You got a great deal too... I almost bought it from him for my '87 T-Wagon. EJ22T swap FTW :banana:

It's got a bad tranny. He drifted it too much

Hey guys. This is the original owner. I used to be on this site quite often when I had my Loyale.

I didn't actually drift very much at all. Kinda hard to drift when most of the power is driving to the front wheels because its a automatic. Only times I drifted were in the snow and twice on the beach (which is horrible on an LSD differential btw). Getting stuck in the snow is what caused it to go out.

I pulled in to get gas one day in Centralia, and I started spinning. All of a sudden it made this horrible grinding noise and it didn't really want to fully engage into gear. I knew at that point that it was toast. It finally started going, so I drove it for another month until it finally gave in all the way.

I had already made up my mind that if this transmission went out, i wasn't putting in an auto because it will only go out agian. That auto is weak. Because I need to raise 6k by august, I decided agianst spending $1,500 on converting to a WRX 5 spd.

I picked up an 83' Volvo 244 for $150. Guy couldn't get it to start when he showed me so I offered him $150. Got it running in a few hours. It's turbocharged with an aftermarket Garret turbo, is a manual, and is RWD. Car runs and drives great and the body is in good condition. Is a lot faster than my old Legacy (all though I love that car). I'm still a Subaru fanatic, but I want to wait until I have the money to buy one with a 5 spd already. Probably a used WRX, and just rebuild the motor, or swap in a built up ej22t.