Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I pulled apart my fog lamp switch, from my 96 legacy outback, to try to figure out how to replace the tiny bulbs in it. Well...it exploded into pieces on my workbench.

I tried to put it back together as best I could but it does not click in/click out.

Anyone have any experience taking these apart and putting them back together?

or...

Does anyone have an extra one lying around that I can replace mine with? The stealership wants over $45 for a new one. I believe the switch is the same for Legacy/Outback model years 1995-1999. The subaru part number is 83001AC020.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Jeff

jffgreenfield<at>gmail<dot>com

Edited by Greenfieldja

I've replaced a bulb in various switches in previous Subies, a 97 and an 02, but it was years ago. You don't give us a year, and that would help. someone might have the info for you. Your best bet may be to pull one from a wrecked car. It certainly won't cost $40. Did you try on eBay? Good Luck!

The following errors occurred with your submission:

Greenfieldja has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

YES!

'88 XT6

can you provide link to old post?

While looking for info about replacing my fog light switch, I came across a post of yours stating you have/had one available. The post was a bit dated but I figured I would give it a shot anyway and ask:

Do you still have this switch available? if so, can you tell me from what model and year it is from?

I am looking to replace the switch in my 96 legacy outback. I believe the switch was the same for 95-99 model years for legacy and legacy outbacks.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

-Jeff

I just did this on my 98 lego outback to the cruise an hazard switches. Super simple to replace. the sockets simple screw out 1/8 of a turn and pop out. The hardest part was finding the bulbs. Radio shack didn't even have them????????????? Even had the part # some of other posts contained and the guy looked at me as if I had lobsters crawling out of my ears! A local stereo shop in town had what I needed. Works great now.:banana: