Ultimate Subaru Message Board

So I just read this on another local forum I'm on, thought you guys would like to know! This is from a dealer.

[rumors ]

The only thing definite from Subaru is that North America is not getting the diesel. Unconfirmed rumors are the Outback and Legacy will be seperate platforms for 2010. One will have a longer whellbase and generally be larger, while the other is a modified Legacy platform with a shorter (similar to current platform) wheel base. A CVT trans is coming. A 6 speed Automatic is coming.

Stock Subarus are designed to tolerate only 10% alcohol, yet gasoline transporters and retailers are allowed to add another 10% each above the Federal allowance of 10%. So, currently down south some fuel retailers are selling 30-40% alcohol gasoline and its having adverse effects on Subarus. The Fed 10% has loop holes which are causing bad things to happen to Subarus and non-Subaru performance cars. Be aware when the New England states change from the winter fuel to the less volatile summer fuel your car may or may not like it.

Hopefully the CVT will be reliable. They really missed the mark with the

ECVT. They worked really well when they were right, unfortunately not for very long, very fragile. I think a lot of manufacturers are going to be having fuel issues of some kind.

Our master tech told me the other day that the 2010 Legacy will be on the Tribeca Chassis...i think thats going to look kind of "abnormal" but well see i guess....

The current Legacy is built on the Tribeca platform. It is exactly the same and are built on the same assembly line in Indiana.

I am still waiting for a Legacy wagon that is not an Outback. You know like the rest of the world and Canada can buy.:mad:

always bigger, always heavier. will this big legacy have the 2.5L engine? how much bigger is the tribeca? i was hoping the fuel price spike last year would get them to bring back the ej22.

since the economy is in the crapper, do you think fuel prices will be kept low until it recovers?

Edited by johnceggleston

We need a 1.5L impreza. I was told at the local autoshow that next years legacy would have door frames which totally sucks. I like no door frames. Right now I think the legacy is pretty good having the option of a H6. We need a 1.5L, 2.0L and a 3.0L thats all. Who needs a 2.5L?