Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Some pics of my new project

Picked up this 88 3 door with an EA82T engine not too long ago. Initially I was thinking to use it as a cheap daily driver, but after doing a lot of reading here on the forum and seeing the possibilities I´m thinking of doing a 5 lug swap first and an engine/tranny swap with a JDM GC8 STi later.

Car is bone stock except for the, quite modest, sound system and a boost gauge I added.

As of now I have done a complete tune up and replaced all the coolant hoses, next comes replacing the timing belts and oil pump because of some horrible ticking at times.

Does anyone know if there´s any difference between the oil pumps for EA82 and EA82T engines, or indeed between the different body styles ?

BTW, this car is located in Norway so I assume you´ll see some subtle differences here and there.

Enough talk, here´s some pics :banana:

img8205.jpg

img8206h.jpg

img8222e.jpg

img8219.jpg

img8218.jpg

img8215c.jpg

img8211.jpg

img8209.jpg

img8241.jpg

img8233.jpg

img8231.jpg

img8226.jpg

img8242k.jpg

img8249.jpg

img8244.jpg

img8247.jpg

Man thats nice. Headlight washers?

ok, I am officially jealous/envious,

very nice car, are they're alot of older subaru cars in your area?:slobber:

Yes, those are headlight washers. Quite common on cars sold in the Scandinavian countries. I´ve also noticed that whatever brand of car americans are always jealous of our headlight washers :lol:

Not many of these older subarus left here anymore. Mostly a few sedans and wagons and pretty much no coupes left.

I havent seen hubcaps like that ever. That front end is flyin high. Put in some subaru xt front springs and struts and it will lower the front about 1 1/2 to 2 inches. Level the thing out and no ride sacrafice.

Those hub caps came stock on all EA82 Subarus from 87 or 88, not quite sure what year. Know for sure that 86 had different hub caps.

I have noticed the different ride height front to back myself. Is this a common problem or is it supposed to be like this ? Could something be wrong with my rear suspension ?

sweet ride

Thanks, surprisingly clean for such an old car, especially with 240 000km on it (150 000miles).

Edited by Arvid

People who have owned those cars before will be able to chime in more on whats common. What i suggested was more of a syleing aspect then anything. I noticed also that you have the rx front spoiler but none others. Is that common for these cars also.

I think the car needs to be lowered slightly both front and rear as well as evened out. My plan is to lower the car when I do the 5 lug swap and install new suspension. Trying to find out if I can use ground control coilovers with yellow konis since I´ve been very happy with that setup on another car.

The rest of the RX kit seems to be very rare here in Norway if it even exists at all. There is a small plastic part right on front of the rear wheels but it´s missing on the driver side which is the side visible in the pics. I would be very interested in the rest of the RX bodykit if someone´s selling it :)

Understand that those get snatched up pretty fast around here. And shipping all that would be alittle pricey. I dont know if youve read up on 5 lug stuff but you need alot of parts to do it. If you dont have any subaru xt6 or if you even know what that is you might not be able to do it. Im sure others will chime in but i believe key components you need are off that car and if subarus are a rairty in your area it might not be cheep to do. Thats why i recomended the xt springs and struts. Alot less to convert over to and would be a quick clean up for fender gap. But converting to 5 lug opens up a huge avenue for wheel selections. But again depending on how subarus thrive in your area and your cost for projects will determin where you go.

Theres a few members from the EU on the XT Board that have done 5 lug swaps. Lazer is the screen name of one guy and he's from Norway.

http://subaruxt.com/forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=416

He might be able to help you find the parts needed for the swap.

What I find really interesting about this RX is that it has a factory electric sunroof. Only the GL-10's got those here,

• 1 year later...

I have never seen a 3ddor with a sunroof. Let alone the maplite and door panels. This coar would be a gl-10 if it had a digi dash, which would swap in.

That car is too freakin sweet. i'm jealous. Now i must chop a sunroof into mine!