Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Which is better

I think it has a mad max kinda look to it now. All i need is the pipes running through the hood and a guy with a mowhawk sitting on the roof.

picture.php?albumid=138&pictureid=1309

Black Bottom

picture.php?albumid=138&pictureid=1308

Regular Bottom

Got a new dent free, rust free, wrinkle free hood as well. Still not sure about likein the pugs but well see after i get them cleaned up. They do make it handle like a go kart now though.

Pipes through the hood... heh... like the parts car from today. As long as the hood is already denty and rusty... :P

Though I can't imagine your passengers would like having the exhaust pipe sticking right up in front of them. :lol:

I'm going to say black bottom, but that could be because that side doesn't look as rusty.

LOL it is rusty just the black hides alot of it. IF you look closely you can see the rust hole in the fender. I duno it will clean up i just dont know about the look. I wont make my final decision until i get the other 2 wagon wheels cleaned up and on the car. I cant make any decision with 2 goofy pugs on the back.

I know GD and i would tend to agree with you but its all ive got. Its my daily driver and im just throwing whatever i can at it to make it even look somewhat decent to drive. When he is dead i will take all the good ive put into him and put it on another car. I know what you mean GD but its all ive got.

I just dont know how many more iowa winters the old guidster can take.

Edited by The Dude Abides

do the fender flares in black too, kinda like the way they do 2 tones on the outbacks around the fender arches, that will help you out on the rust too its kinda like adding options to Guido......its improving everyday....from what i see.

Edited by bheinen74

I know what you mean GD but its all ive got.

I just dont know how many more iowa winters the old guidster can take.

Tell ya what - you bring it out here and I'll buy a wagon and help you get anything you need transfered over. I even have a room you can stay in.

It will be a fun project, and you can go to the WCSS and meet a lot of people. Good times.

GD

That is way cool GD and i appreciate the offer but there is no way i can make WCSS. I have no vacation time left, i dont even have xtra money to drive out there even if i did. I guess im just doin the best i can with what ive got.

Well - there's always next year.

I understand. We have all been there. If you need any parts let me know - I'll do what I can.

GD

The train of Iowa-plated Subarus will drive into the grounds at WCSS-12...

...and be left as a pile of rust...

As a train of Washington and Oregon plated Subarus makes its way back east across the mountains and plains..

:lol:

I know your jokeing and i am laughing with you but its really sad. Once any vehicle around here starts rusting it goes quickly. Ask McBrat how long his rust free coast cars last driveing year round. It Sucks.

yea if i cant find something for work up here soon i'll wind up in el crapo tx, pretty dry and crappy there.

desert places are more boring than rainy mountiany green places

i mean think of it, everything is dead and brown, all the houses are painted the same damn funky pink color like it was some city requirement to use pastelish aztec colors to paint EVERYTHING the same friggin color and its pretty safe to go into what ever wilderness there is out there, no bears or cougars or any thing but theres tons of friggin rattle snakes.

i'll take bear/cougar over rattle snake thank you. bear/cougars arent poisionous.

also its flat, did i mension its brown?

it'd be more interesting and sit and watch your car TRY to rust in a desert but thats it.

GD, you will have to remove the rump roast thing after that kind gesture!

Heh. I don't mind helping the good folks around here. Thus my group buy of yield in the OT forum recently. I try to help any locals when they need it around here.

And I just find it really sad when a good member here has a pretty crappy ride just because that's what life dealt them. People are nearly throwing them away out here and I don't want them either.... may as well save one and send it east.

I just have a short fuse for stupidity.

GD