Ultimate Subaru Message Board

guess whats in the back of rescue wagon

just arrived home

an entire ej22t complete engine i pulled at the pick n pull, ECU, boost solenoid, and MAF assembly.

car odometer showed 85,300 miles..

Don't know if the engine runs or not, but i am taking a chance its good. car was not wrecked and coolant looked good.

now, what the heck am I going to use it for? I think i will look for a RS or WRX with a bad block.....yes.

started pulling the engine at 1pm, the place closes at 5pm. we had been to that place earlier in the morning, looking for my brothers outback hood and stuff. We had a list of like 10 junkyards to hit. We had stopped at them all and by 1pm I decided, heck lets go back and get the ej22t

about 2:30 I cut the piss out of my thumb area pad/palm as I was trying to crack loose the lower driver side trans to engine nut. hand slipped of wrench, and it slipped into the axle boot clamp.....bleed for a long while. anyhow, I had my brother with me, and when i cut my hand, I had most of it all ready to pull. Anyhow, My brother had to use the wheelbarrel cause i only had one good hand, and we were hauling the engine up to pay at 4pm.

Little did I know it at the time, cause we had never been to this part of KC before, but across from the pick n pull, was a carquest, so at 4:10 I stopped there and picked up a 2 pack of superglue, so i could close up my wound/gash.

Off to check in at the hotel at 5pm, and shower. Then off to go see the KC game. Took about 45 minutes to get cheap tickets, 7 bucks a pop for outfield. after the game piled into the passenger van hotel shuttle, and it was like sardines, 35 people in that van i would guess.

Today, we bought tickets someone had as extras. 5th row behind home plate, 5 bucks a ticket and the ticket price showed 35. what a deal. oh, the ej22t was 236 becuase i had the intake, throttle body, etc with it. ecu and other bits were a little more, so i ahve about 300 into it, plus a really nasty cut.

Edited by bheinen74

Good score on the EJ22T. I hope the motor is a good one. It has to be fun working with your brother on projects like this.

I have done the super glue trick to close up a nasty cut when away from home. It really works pretty good, but the glue comes off in about two days. However, by then, the cut/gash should be sealing up. I first read about using super glue like this on a website written by an MD who cut himself on a ski trip. He talked about using super glue in a pinch. So, figured if an MD used it on himself, it had to be okay. Still, I hope when you did a thorough job of cleaning the wound to lessen the chance of infection.

Let us know in the future if the EJ22T is a good one.

Glad you had a good time with the baseball game, and pulling some car parts (excepting your injured hand). Next time you're in Kansas City, don't forget to stop by Oklahoma Joes... It's in the back of a gas station, and it's damned good.

Anthony Bourdain (the food network guy) lists it as one of the 13 places in the world to eat before you die.