Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New guy saying hello!

I have had my '82 GL wagon for more than a decade and put close to 100,000 miles on her before she went neglected for a few years and sat at a friends house. I have decided to bring her out of retirement and am going to take it out to the desert for a week long camping trip (buringman). I have to deal with the CA smog Nazi's first, but it is running like a champ so hopfully I shouldn't have any problems. I am glad to find a site like this, you all seem like a good community of people and it is nice to be connected to a network of fellow enthusiasts. Between getting the GL ready for the trip next month and my Galant VR4 I should have plenty to do.

Welcome. '82 GL wagon is the best (my first subaru and first car :) The first one succumbed to rust, but I have a rust free one that I'll get fixed up running with a new engine an all sometime.

See you out on the playa. I've seen a fair number of older subaru's out there (alot of the smaller art cars use them as the base).

Z

My '82 is just starting to rust in some spots, I'd like to treat the rust and cover the car with some spray on bed liner, but that is further down the road. I was wondering if there were fellow burners here. I too have noticed a lot of subarus in the past eight years I have gone out to the playa. We should try and meet up when we get out there, it is alays nice meeting new people. And thank you to everyone who wished me welcomes!

Welcome to our little community here..an excellent source for Subaru information, and a swell bunch of folks.

If you can make it, a lot of us get together every year at WCSS (West Coast Subaru Show). http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=99432, and http://www.westcoastsubarushow.com/.

Many old Subarus like ours (I've an '83) have made the trip there many times and from much farther away than Santa Rosa. Very cool weekend:). You're certainly invited.

I used to spend many weekends in Santa Rosa, back in the days I lived in Pleasanton. My bud has an auto repair business over near Fulton Rd, and knows my '83 pretty well. If you get in over your head as I have many times, and need a pro mechanic (everything except smog) this guy's pretty good. Works evenings and on weekends, too.

Pagnano's Automotive

2815 Alton Ln.

Santa Rosa, 95403

544-3020

Thanks for the shop recomendation. It is always nice to know a reliable mechanic. Fortunatly, most of the Subaru is pretty easy for me to work on (compared to say my VR4). The West coast meet is during burningman, so I will be near Gerlach, NV until after Labor Day. I would love to go but I won't miss burningman for it. Next year do it a week earlier and I will be more inclined to attened. Thanks again for the welcomes!