Ultimate Subaru Message Board

my gl twin turbo at the mud boggs

roostema4328

I got my conversion done enough to run at the mud bogs at the fair. I actually won one of the classes. lol check it out.

winning run

next class

it bogged at the end oh well. I need lower gears. I will try to find one of the ej low range transmissions that they have in the Foresters in Austrailia

Other than a bad a camera man and bad comentary, not to bad.......... how big is the lift?

Jeff

Yeah I was pissed about that. He will not be the camera man next year for sure. The lift is a 6" SJR.It has a full 5 bolt swap with front knuckles from a 91 legacy turbo. wheel adapters to go from 5x100 to 5x4.5. Has 2000 ranger wheels installed. It has megan racing coilovers for a 05' outback. They probably raised it even alittle more. I also cut a lot of body away in front of the doors and welded in new metal to get the tires to clear.

Nice. :) Thats a bit of tire you have under there. :burnout:

They are 33x12.50R15 bridgestone dueler MTs

Cool car, and it actually has the power to turn them big tires!!

The engine is rated at like 300 hp stock. It is running about 15 psi of boost right now. It may be a little more than that. It goes 105+mph in third lol.

Edited by roostema4328

Sweet ride. Can you post more pics showing how far out your wheels stick past the body. Also how thick is the wheel adapter you used to go from 5x100 to 5x4.5 and where did buy the adapters from? I have a impreza that is lifted and want to increase the track some and want the deep dish 4x4 wheel look, I think it would look good with those ford ranger wheels on it with some mud terrains.

Sweet ride. Can you post more pics showing how far out your wheels stick past the body. Also how thick is the wheel adapter you used to go from 5x100 to 5x4.5 and where did buy the adapters from? I have a impreza that is lifted and want to increase the track some and want the deep dish 4x4 wheel look, I think it would look good with those ford ranger wheels on it with some mud terrains.

Yeah 5x4.5 is a good bolt pattern. It came stock on a lot of vehicles including jeeps, rangers and explorers. There are endless wheel options in that pattern. I had to do that because I needed a negative offset wheel to clear the 12.5 inch tires. I found some adapters like the ones I used for you on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/WHEEL-ADAPTERS-SPACERS-5X100-to-5X114-3-CHEVY-DODGE-1-5_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ65Q3a12Q7c66Q3a2Q7c39Q3a1Q7c72Q3a1205Q7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem5ad1ee52b0QQitemZ390069113520QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

hope that helps.

looks like a super fun car! :banana:

tell your cameraman to invest in a tripod and to avoid the obnoxious commentary next time. He missed the shot of the last half of the 2nd run...:-\:confused:

The car is sweet, i agree with everyone else to post up some pics of it.:slobber:

Thanks for the link. I just wanted to make sure your adapters were the 1.5 inch thick ones because I think the adapters are available from 1 inch thick up to 2 inches thick and I like overall offset and look of your setup. Do you know what the offset is for the wheels including the adapters and what the backspacing is. Can you post up some picks from different angles showing how far the wheels stick out, when straight and when turned. Did you buy your adapters from ebay and if so how are they holding up. Are your adapters hub centric or are they lug centric like in the link you posted. Thanks again for the info

Thanks for the link. I just wanted to make sure your adapters were the 1.5 inch thick ones because I think the adapters are available from 1 inch thick up to 2 inches thick and I like overall offset and look of your setup. Do you know what the offset is for the wheels including the adapters and what the backspacing is. Can you post up some picks from different angles showing how far the wheels stick out, when straight and when turned. Did you buy your adapters from ebay and if so how are they holding up. Are your adapters hub centric or are they lug centric like in the link you posted. Thanks again for the info

If I were you I would just take some measurements of YOUR car and choose based on that. My wheels stick out quite a lot I had to do some serious body modifications to get the tires to turn in front of the doors. I probably wouldnt try to copy me unless you want tickets. I probably have at least 8" or more of tire sticking outside of my fenders. I may try to find some kind of flare for the future. But for now I am going to put some smaller tires on. Those tires already killed 1st gear.

that first run made it look way too easy...

Main problem with the camera work is over use of zoom.. I hate when people zoom.. Serious, only zoom over 3x if you have a monopod or tripod. And if you're going to look away from the camera leave it all the way zoomed out...

Good stuff anyhow :headbang:

• 4 weeks later...