Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA-81 oil pan drain plug part number?

casm

Three guesses what was evidently stripped at the last oil change, but the place that did the change conveniently neglected to inform me of this fact.

If anyone happens to have the part number for the oil pan drain plug as used on an '86 Brat, I'd appreciate it if you could share that info. Hopefully I can turn one up at the dealer on Tuesday.

Chances of him finding an EA81 in a VA yard are slim.

If you walk into a junkyard here and can find EA-82s you're lucky. Have yet to find an EA-81 in one here, though.

My local Autozone had one and the gasket in stock for about 3-4 bucks.

Found it, thanks. I've pretty much given up on Autozone courtesy of them being unable to make getting parts a non-nightmare, but definitely appreciate the pointer.

Call your dealer. I ordered one for my BRAT and it was like 3 or 4 dollars.

Our local dealer is useless. Their parts guy is a total ***hole who won't order anything for vehicles more than 15 years old unless you give him a part number; evidently, putting a small amount of effort into his job is more than he wants to deal with. I've talked with them several times about this but they seem disinterested in solving the problem even though they know it exists. Thus why I needed the part number: the jerk won't look it up for me, and I don't want to have to drive 40 miles one way to the next nearest helpful dealer for a $4 part.

Staunton Subaru is the problem child. Charlottesville's been very helpful to me (good dealer; recommended to anyone in the area), but Harrisonburg's so-so. Problem is, Charlottesville is 40 miles from me, so unless I'm ordering high-dollar items I'd prefer to not have to run out to them to collect it.

It looks like Autozone found my drain plug, so I'll go with that for now and worry about the OEM one later on.