Ultimate Subaru Message Board

spiralmax super charger?!?!

it says it has a 30 day unconditional moneyback guarantee. Granted, swirling the A/F mixture does help it mix better, this is the principle behind the Vortec engine. (Although the Vortec swirls it at the intake ports in the heads, not the throttle body)

Maybe someone coudl buy it and see if it works and send it back :-P

It might improve fuel/air mixing in carb'ed or SPFI models, as long as the twister thing is close to where the fuel enters the airstream, so the air is still turbulent when the fuel enters it. You could probably make something similar for a lot less $$, though.

In an MPFI model, the air goes almost the whole way to the head before the fuel is added, so I doubt it would do anything.

Mixing air and fuel together better makes a difference. Putting vortec heads on a SB Chevy gives you a lot more power.

I would think that to have any noticeably good effect, the turbulence generator would have to be placed after the point of fuel injection on an SPFI. Placed before, it would likely cause harmful turbulence - actually causing fuel pooling at certain RPM's. Besides that fact, anything like that put into the air intake will decrease the CFM of the intake system - not a good thing on an already restrictive intake.

BTW: here's my idea for a new, inexpensive turbo design. What do you all think?current.gif

The tornado gas savor actually works. I have it in my little 87 yota. I started out getting 165 miles a tank which came out to be around 16-17 mpg. (i knoe its bad my engine and tranny need to be adjusted tho.) I then bought the tornado gas savor that goes in the air tube closest to the air box. I now get 185-195 miles or 20-22mpg. This thing they are trying to sell actually looks like it would double the effect due to it having a tornado on each end, thus doubling the effect of the air flow. Thats my side on it, my dad explained to me why doubling it works better but i can't remember, he's a mechanical engineer and know's bout this kinda of stuff. :headbang::banana:

Thats my 2 cents on all this

Seriously, though. Buy one and install it, taking measurements beforehand of about 3-4 tanks of fuel calculated for mileage, either a marked distance for acceleration or a dyno run, and atmospheric conditions. After installation, do the same tests (same # of tanks of gas, averaging mileage; same time to distance or dyno, and atmospheric conditions). If you get a measureable positive change I'll eat my words. I don't believe everything I read on the 'net, so I won't take the word of their web site. I have seen tests on similar devices in several magazines with no conclusive results. I also recall a similar product and the "testimonials" that went along with it being absolute hooey. But like I said, show me your positive test results and maybe I'll buy one myself.:burnout:

Mr. Spiral guy called me back regarding my application and said it'll make 10-15hp and add about 100 miles to the tank.....

I'll defintely let you all know how it goes if/when it goes on this fall.

Hell, even it doesn't improve power, the Mpg alone would be worth it as gas around these parts goes to 2.25+ p/gal

rally on :headbang:

shanonsf

82GLW