Ultimate Subaru Message Board

wiring harness conversions 90-94 EJ22, EG33 SVX, 02-03 Ej20 WRX, and more

ShawnW

I am willing to do these for your Vanagon or ea-ej swaps. Wiring is stripped, unnecessary items eliminated, important wires tagged and harness is shipped back to you.

For an 90-94 EJ22 $200 includes return shipping. You must supply the ENTIRE harness from a 90-94 Legacy and must not have already attempted to do it yourself. I can give you pointers on how to remove the complete harness from the donor car if you need.

SVX $300 plus $20 shipping lower 48.

02-03 WRX $380 plus $20 shipping. you must obtain the Smallcar.com circuit board to eliminate trouble codes or make the board yourself.

SPFI: $200 including return shipping.

me also...

i may be able to get you some wiring harneses so you can stock up... improve your turnaround time or what not... i wreck out a legacy now and then and have 3 or 4 coming up...

let me know

anyway ill be hitting you up for one of these and i think the prices is more then fair...

I really appreciate the offer but I dont really want to stock up on em cuz the whole cars worth of parts needs to be the same to really insure it all works.

BUT!!!

One for parts would really come in handy for those times that the connectors are broken on somebody's harness,

AND...

You might as well sell a complete kit to somebody that wants to do a conversion maybe?

• 2 weeks later...

Shawn, you are a wise man.:headbang: I am horrible with wiring. I plan on doing the EA to EJ22 swap later on this summer and would love to pay for your expertise. Any suggestions or tricks I should know for pulling a harness from 90-94 Legacy? Thanks

-Chris

Pull the Left Front fender, dash, AC and heater boxes before attempting to yank the harness. The harness comes thru the car at the firewall in two major places, one is behind the Heat/AC box, the other is the drivers side grommet that is in the corner of the firewall and comes up into the side of the car under the LF fender.

Be patient and gentle with plugs especially if they are directly on the engine. Not all plugs squeeze to open, some have a tab you have to pull UP and then gently pull the plug apart (Ex: The Large 2 or 3 Intake plugs)

Everything must be from the same donor car to insure reliable service but if you break something with a Subaru part number on it PM me and I will try to get you a copy of the compatability list for the item you broke or was broken in the accident. Potential things like: ignitor, Air flow meter, ECU, etc.

Dont forget to grab these off the donor car:

O2 sensor

Evap canister

Entire throttle cable

Alternator

PS Pump if you have PS

AC compressor if you are running AC

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I will publically answer your PM....

I am not sure how to make the Automatic tranny stuff work flawlessly....heck they can be a PITA in an Outback without doing a converison that includes the 4eat. Im afraid Speed sensors, neutral switches and other similar parts would be too hard to mess with for me.

I will tell you that you are going to want to start with a car that shifts and drives flawless before attempting said conversion, and get any Auto trans issues solved before you yank anything out of the donor car. It would probably be easiest to do this by taking the donor car, removing the dash in pieces, making the car have a jerryrigged setup and cutting out parts as you go until the car still drives normally but lacks the 20-30 pounds of excess wiring the car doesnt need to be drivable and go from there.

Engine alone is a piece of cake. I could get one back to you the same day I receive it if necessary.

Prefer to communicate via email, I am REALLY busy during the day and don't have time for phone tag usually.

• 1 month later...

Shawn. I am currently putting all the running gear from an 90 Legacy into my EA81 84 Brat. I am using the motor,tranny & rearend out of the legacy. It is an automatic; but the one that goes with that motor and wiring harness. Can you convert that harness for me? Also I have the complete harness with all the items conected to it.... ECU fusebox, motor compartment fuse box ETC.ETC.. how much of that stuff do I need to send with the harness??? THX Bret

• 2 months later...
what other adaptors do you make to fit engines in the Loyale?

i was gonna put in an EJ22. i may have a donor vehicle but its a FWD and want to put it in a AWD Loyale. will this work?

Doesnt matter what transmission it is, it will all run the engine.

• 3 weeks later...