Ultimate Subaru Message Board

* Plan Change *(see post #1) Iowa Campout Weekend... (anyone from Midwest is welcome)

Too many people had conflicts...

Date/location up in the air....

Old Info:

June 11-13, 2010 Springbrook State Park Campgrounds, Iowa located in Guthrie County...

camping Friday and Saturday night (11,12)....

there's no off-road places nearby, but we can find lots of gravel and some grade Bs...

Campgrounds:

for Google Earth overlay save file ==> http://www.indysworld.com/temp/USMB-campout.kmz

let's congregate in the lower lobe of campsites... like 103+ If we are all on the inside of the loop, it'll maker it easier for a central campfire hopefully...

Reservations Link ==> https://eservices.iowa.gov/iowaparks/index.php?pgname=campsites&action=campground_result&park_id=16&campground_id=32&mapview=full&siteview=all

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this springbrook state park has a shooting range i guess, and even a lagooon to play in (stink)....but pretty sure its against the rules to shoot towards the wildlife..

Maybe each of us can bring a bbq item, like someone bring chicken, someone BRAT patties, someone hotdogs, etc. and a bag of charcoal, and if someone already has non-buggy firewood, and could bring that...:)

I need to convince my brother to come to this too.

If you cant i might be able to help you but it will be kaos

Looking forward to seeing more then the iowa guys this year. Hey mick if you need any more firewood (i know you have alot) but they just cut down a bunch of trees at our apartment and there leaving them in the parking lot. Im sure you could get your pick of what you want.

I dont think mick has decided on a camping place yet. Plus which subaru are u bringing. The brat or the suprise.

Heres the thing, Looking at sunnybrook they have these things called buddysights. They are 2 camsites back to back from eachother and they say they accomidate 6 people each. Im no mathamatician but instead of all of us getting there own campsights and just hanging around one why dont we do something like this. That way we can all hang together in the same area with one fire ring and picnic tables. Its just a thought.

I looked at the Buddy sites. They are small and really close. they are just trying to make a little more money by squeezing in another site... :lol:

you have to reserve both at same time. and there's not enough of them together...

lets go into the lower "lobe". I'm in campsite 105... Friday and Saturday night.

not sure which vehicle is going yet. probably the Brat....

I consolidated the info back into the first post, and did some cleanup....

if you are bringing parts to trade/sell, might want to set-up the deals first, rather than lugging stuff around for the hell of it.... :grin:

Ok, just so I'm clear on this. Do we all need to make a Reservation ahead of time or can we do that at the park? How much is it?

Newbie on this...

if you want to be where the rest of us are, you'll need to reserve ahead of time... there are some non-reservable ones that are a first come first served basis, but from experience, the campgrounds get pretty full in the summer...

We are still early enough that people aren't reserving yet, but they do fill up quickly the closer you get to summer....

you can have multiple people per site (up to 6 and extra vehicles) so you can work something out with another person to share the costs...

I have a huge tent, so I just have one site to myself... the site I got was $11/night + tax. so it was like $26 total...

in the past, I have reserved several sites together, but had lots of no-shows, so was out the money... so now you have to reserve your own :lol:

edited because mick answered your questions.

Yea if anyone wanted to share a sight that would be cool with me. I wont have a tent since i sleep in my car but if my brother came he would have a tent.

You bringing the awning again this year mick. Also i dont know how the heck your gonna haul all this stuff arent you lacking in (brat) bed space these days.

Also whats the story on the shooting range thing. If people are uncomfortable i can leave the arsonal at home.

Edited by The Dude Abides

That would be good, I will pay half and whatnot.

So what kinda things should I bring?

My list:

Subaru Flask

Change'O Cloths/Jackets/Safari Hat

Food

Camera

Food

Shovel

Knif

Whatevers in my car

Anything else...? I don't eat meats nor fish, so I'll bring my own food Lol.

Cash for things you might want to buy.

Toiletry items

Bring a couple days worth of clothes in a backpack

Tools incase you break down

Spare parts if youve got em.

Miles Fox

p.s. why dont you eat meat.

Plenty of room for all. Get with miles i think he wanted to bring some stuff down to give away but im not sure what. Have the people who are definately going register at the campground sight. I think you really should only need 2 sights between the 4 of you. Mick needs his own sight because he brings his big CHEVY truck with lots of lama love to SUBARU inspired events.

No one said if they were going to bring guns for this campout or now. Im thinking of not doing this. I dont want to be responsable for weapons in my car if im beating it around on the trails. But its your guys call on that.

Get somekind grocery list going between all of us so we know whos bring what and whatnot.

paste this into google maps: 41.774896,-94.460621

and zoom to the midpoint on the scale.

So where in IA is the camp? Is it east of Des Moines? Can someone give me the name of the area so I can mapquest that.. Fox said its only like 4 hours out there from here..? Its like 7 to Des Moines...

here's the date...

June 11-13, 2010 Springbrook State Park Campgrounds, Iowa located in Guthrie County... camping Friday and Saturday night (11,12)....

there's no off-road places nearby, but we can find lots of gravel and some grade Bs...

Campgrounds:

for Google Earth overlay save file ==> http://www.indysworld.com/temp/USMB-campout.kmz

let's congregate in the lower lobe of campsites... like 103+ If we are all on the inside of the loop, it'll maker it easier for a central campfire hopefully...

Reservations Link ==> https://eservices.iowa.gov/iowaparks/index.php?pgname=campsites&action=campground_result&park_id=16&campground_id=32&mapview=full&siteview=all

I can also bring these if anyone wants to buy them for there daily driver. Worked pretty hard stripping them down and painting them black. Tires are great as well with tons of tread. 100 bucks and a set of old wheels and tires so when guido goes to heavin i have some old crappy rubber to send him off in.:)

picture.php?albumid=138&pictureid=1649

how about Vicious Bass- DJ Magic Mike. I have that CD, can bring along,

How low can you go, this,.........low.......i dont think so.......

BOOM on most systems......

that was for SPL comps. think it was track 3, with lows and highs, good for SPL competitions.

the only way to appreciate this, is with some serious subwoofers.....most normal speakers can't go that low, but KICKER sure can....tear up yo fosgates fo sure.

back-haunt-you-d-j-magic-mike-cd-cover-art.jpg

l

Me is not responsible for any damages to your speakers, headphones, ears, etc if you play that track loud.....please do so at your own risk.

Edited by bheinen74

LOL... the audio in bass tracks was classic.

I gotta see if i still have the cd, it was some crap about a "Stylaphone" or soemthing some brittish guy talkin bout it. oh here it is.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNO4EZU8GSQ Mortal combat sounding ************. i recall the bass was pretty good if you had a tight sealed box

I wanna build this for my home theatre..

http://www.decware.com/newsite/hwk15.htm

although it'd probably wreck my house... itd be fun explaining that to the insurance company.

they got some cool sub box plans on that site.

Edited by xbeerd

How low can you go, this,.........low.......i dont think so.......

BOOM on most systems......

speaking of how low can you go, I've always wanted to wire up a 'brown note' generator to a car alarm. but having a speaker to produce it is pretty much impossible. I guess it'd have to be like 30ft in diameter, however, i read that some MIT students did it with a speaker made from a trashcan or something. LOL.

but just imaging, going to break into a car to steal it or something and the next thing you know you are ************ting your pants!:eek::lol::lol:

Would of been fine for me but you and him would of been screwed. So Tom, you takin the loyale or the legacy. You know my vote.

Also how about a role call on whose going now or not. I know some nebraska folks and wiscon folks talked about going but talk is cheep. Only 2 sights are reserved, time to put your money where your mouth is boys.

Me and my brother.