Ultimate Subaru Message Board

just wanted to say thanks.....

fo rall that came to the "SHOW", i am grateful that i got to meet some new friends, hang out with some old ones, and and yell at some ignorant ones.....

overall it was good to see old school represent.thanks for comin out.hope i get to see you all next year.and more.

cheers, brian

fo rall that came to the "SHOW", i am grateful that i got to meet some new friends, hang out with some old ones, and and yell at some ignorant ones.....

overall it was good to see old school represent.thanks for comin out.hope i get to see you all next year.and more.

cheers, brian

Well put Brian, I agree next year needs a little more old school to it though, not saying there wasnt enough but more is better!!!:grin:

Jeff

you guys kept yourselves in line really.i was severely impressed with the crowd this year.

there were peeps doing all kinds of things wrong.but the police never harassed the "group".which means their was never really a problem.it could have been worse.but overall, their were few tickets, no main contact between police and staff, and no fights.i would call that successful.

when you have people that are trying to ruin it , and the others do not feed there negativity....it tends to stay calm enough to deal with.

there will always be people that do not remember the story of the grizzly bear when he is challenged.when he is satisfied with what he has done. he simply ignores the challengers. so he simply makes them dissapear to his existence and puts his back to them...........because there is no fear.

people will always do stupid stuff,and i will always say something to them.becasue that is what i do for the show.most people understand how to do it...but some don't.

cheers, brian

I would also like to take this opportunity to publicly thank all that made this year's Show possible (I tried to get to you all personally)..without your hard work, research, sponsorship and legwork this show would not have been even close to possible.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! :clap::clap::clap:

As usual, another beautiful setting, next to a cool little small town. :)

This was the farthest WCSS yet from my Ranch, worth evey mile to attend.

We had the potential for bringing -9- old-gen cars from AZ, NV and California, and we ended up with only one car from there attended the Show..and that one was a 2010 Impreza. A sad number for our old gen group this year.

Had a great time visiting with old friends from past WCSSes, and met some really cool new freinds also. I was playing cards with a young lady in the Canadian section, a game that I used to play with my Grandpa years ago, that I thought was long extinct..it was just weird that a young person enjoyed that "old man's" game. Thanks..I enjoyed playin' (and drinking beer) with ya.

Had dinner/saw Leavenworth..what a neat place-clean!

On the way back to NV, we sidetripped through Hood River, had lunch at this killer Taqueria that we found while attending the first Hood River WCSS. That also gave opportunity to pick up some of my favorite beer seemingly only available at Rosaures Market there. (Thanks to the Dude that reminded me about Rosauers, I'm terrible at remembering names)

The kid I was riding with suggested we hit this killer Hot Springs he knew somewhere in the middle of Oregon, and we took some incredibly beautiful USFS roads getting there.

Got home Monday night about six o'clock.

Some stats:

In a "Heavily modified '83 wagon made to look like a 2010 Impreza" ( :lol: )

Departure mileage from The Ponderosa Ranch, 1987

Arrival mileage back home, 3716..total trip mileage 1729

Best gas mileage tank: 32mpg = Bordertown Chevron/CFN(near Reno) to Redmond CFN. All other tanks were around 28 mpg.

No breakdowns or damage occured during this trip.

There was a minor "malfunction", easily and quickly corrected. (Thanks Suberdave)

No pizza was consumed during this trip :eek:, I'm still shaking:burnout:.

Gallons of Arizona Ice Tea (white can) consumed, around 10 (est.)

Jeremy, I have the glass you ordered.

Again, thanks to all for making and attending another great WCSS.

See y'all next year!

(Just my 2 bucks)

Edited by NV Zeno
punctuation, grammar

Thanks from me as well. Glad I could help keep order on Saturday night :drunk:

Zeno, those are some killer mods. Help me make my 86 look like a 2010 TDI and I'll send you whatever beer you want.. you get extra credit for being an out-of-towner and spelling Rosauers correctly!

I think Old School had a very good turnout this year. You other Nevada/California people better show up next year though :grin:

im sad i didnt make it but even wifey is clamoring to go next year. our daughter will be two and my loyale will be............well lets say better than stock. monstaru: i can read now and thank you for your hard guidance. i operate much the same way in my life. patience is a weakness, again looking forward to meeting you next year if not sooner.

RV