Ultimate Subaru Message Board

identify this sensor (help!)

86 ea82t

on the back of my intake manifold (passenger side) there is a sensor with 2 or 3 vacuum lines on it. What is it? I broke the end tube for the vac line thats the farthest out and have the vac line super glued on:) the vac lines run to the charcoal canister (at least the broken one does) I would like to replace it but I dont know its name.

thanks

eric

Originally posted by nutt7

86 ea82t

on the back of my intake manifold (passenger side) there is a sensor with 2 or 3 vacuum lines on it. What is it? I broke the end tube for the vac line thats the farthest out and have the vac line super glued on:) the vac lines run to the charcoal canister (at least the broken one does) I would like to replace it but I dont know its name.

thanks

eric

Idle Air Control (IAC) valve?

my FSM calls it a thermo switch.. it controls vacuum to the disty according to temperature..

$145 at the dealer.. dealer only part.. luckily i got mine from someone on the board..

its only found on 85' and 86' ea82T's.. 87 and up did not have this..

good luck in your search..

you can bypass it completely and the car will run like crap when its cold but at normal temp the car will run like it had a new switch..

to bypass it use 3 short pieces of tubuing and a t-connector.. route the hoses so they all go into the t-connector and the 3 metal lines that come from the intake.. its a good temporary fix..

yeah on most cars its called ported vacume switch. you can most likely take it to a parts store and match one up. I used to do that for customers back in the day when I worked parts. aftermarket ones are alot cheaper too. just need to figure which ports are normaly open or closed. (blow thru them)

• 3 months later...

I am wondering about a solonoid valve and it's proper operation. The valve in question ends up going to the purge canister. (purge canister solioid valve)

Error code 35 on the ecu

Car runs great hot or cold

My question:

when i applied 12 volts to the valve there was no response. I expected that a voltage on the valve would cause it to bypass to the vent on the valve.

Any Ideas anyone?

As well, What would be the procedure for bypassing the purge canister. a couple of tees and a valved bypass line? or, just tie them to eachother and ignore the vacume line.