Ultimate Subaru Message Board

how many were made? hmm off to SOC now, SOA can't tell me..

just curious as to how many 85' RX sedans were produced?

theres sure are alot of specific parts that were only on this year.. hard to find bastards..

anyways, anyone know the answer? or a place to go look for the answer? wanna make up a little plaque for carlisle.. since its a rare bird and all..

Meeky,

do you need front seats? I have stashed above my garage 2 fronts from a 85 RX sedan they crushed from my local yard about a year ago... last I remember they had some small vinyl tears...

I don't really want to part with them, but I might be coerced into it :)

It would be hard to say unless you had all of the VINs for 4 door sedans, then subtracted the 56B code which tells you it is a RX. the 2XXXXX is the serial number series used for all sedans, DL's, GL's, GL-10's, and RX's. So your VIN tells you that you have the 17405th sedan produced that years, the first sedan is serial number 200001.

i'm acctually looking very hard, high and low, for the original seats, front and back.. if they need some upholstry work thats fine.. as long as the majority of it is there so the place i have do the work can see how its is supposed to be and have something to work from.. Harpua has the hole shootin match but he's in Oregon.. but greyhound has cheap shipping, lol..

am hopin SOA can figure it out, lol.. i know i'm not going to get very far on my own..

thanks DR. :D

alright this is what SOA told me about my RX

Thank you for visiting the Subaru Web site and for your message. We appreciate you taking the time to contact us with your inquiry.

I've performed a search by your vehicle identification number, and unfortunately, this vehicle is not in our system. This indicated that the vehicle was not originally sold in the United States. Subaru of America, Inc. is the Importer of Subaru vehicles for the United States only. The Web site you visited (http://www.subaru.com) is the site for Subaru of America, Inc. only. To contact Subaru Canada, Inc., you may visit them on-line at (http://www.subaru.ca) or by contacting 5990 Falborne Street - Mississauga, Ontario L5R3S7 - Phone: 905-568-4959 - Fax: 905-568-8087.

We hope that Subaru Canada can assist you with your needs.

i didn't think this was a canadian car, lol.. guess i'll see what they have to say..