Ultimate Subaru Message Board

85 wagon resto/build

Hey, did it end up really being a rear DOJ that was clicking?

I was in the same boat (only didn't have anyone outside the car to tell

me for sure or not) on hearing clicking from the rear, but it turned out to be

a badly worn rear drive shaft u-joint. Did you check those yet?

yes my clicking went away when i rebooted but i had to go to my local junkyard and grab a new used cv for the right rear cause the boot must have been torn open all winter and got alot of junk and road grim in it the ball bearings and cage were destroyed im just glad it didnt explode on me!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At first I thought those were some kind of crazy horn tweeter for a stereo, because I build my own amps and speakers etc lol. I was like "Never knew hella made horn tweeters..." Then I realized horns.... beep beep get-out-of-my-way type horns, doh!

Gratz on one year, hope there's many more to come! :clap:

At first I thought those were some kind of crazy horn tweeter for a stereo, because I build my own amps and speakers etc lol. I was like "Never knew hella made horn tweeters..." Then I realized horns.... beep beep get-out-of-my-way type horns, doh!

Gratz on one year, hope there's many more to come! :clap:

dude! I so thought that too! Pretty stout horns tho

• 2 weeks later...
new thermo switch now my electric fan kicks on as it should:banana:

More info on switch please? Where did ya get it and was it easy to install?

My fan is wired directly to a "hot" source so it is always on. Need to fix that.

More info on switch please? Where did ya get it and was it easy to install?

My fan is wired directly to a "hot" source so it is always on. Need to fix that.

i got mine off rockauto cause its a two wire switch and for whatever reason napa only carries the single wire type but mine was mounted on the passenger side of the radiator about half way down and if i remember right its a 19mm to take it off and you will lose a little coolant but if you have the new one in your hand and swap it out quick you wont lose to much just make sure the o-ring comes off with the old switch cause somtimes it gets stuck in the hole

I dunno if its C-channel. It might be. But the bumper is boxed. Its about 1/8" thick.

2009_0925Test0010.jpg

2009_0925Test0013.jpg

2009_0925Test0014.jpg

Resto1015.jpg

Resto1003.jpg

Resto1004.jpg

Hope these help!

sweet thanks those help alot! that bumper looks stout! if you dont mind me asking how wide is that piece of steel its made out of?