EA 81 Touring Wagon?

Spotted parked at Pizza Barn in Gardnerville, Nevada:

1984 wagon:

Raised roof, similar to EA 82 style

No roof rack

Digital dash

4speed Dual- Range

Door handles, mirrors, gas cap black

Metallic "maroon", not sure of the code or name..looked original, considering condition

Tan interior ragged

Alloys: 13" "split 4 spoke" (TSJ, like on your BRAT)

Tan headliner stock, no tears or "modifications"

On the tailgate:

Left side where the "4WD" badge goes is a badge that has 3 designations on it, stacked 3 high: top level sez (in white), "1800", Second (middle), in larger, red: "4WD", Bottom, (white, same font as 1800), "GLF".

On the passenger side just "SUBARU" in large chrome letters.

I was "Without camera" when this rig was spotted, but I may be able to find that car again. I was with a Gardnerville local that's seen that car parked there often.

My guess is that's a very late production 1984 model, just before the EA82s came out. (Totally guessing)

Anyone else see one like this before?

• 5 years later...

Wow Pete, I had re-read my post to remember what I wrote. :lol:

I've seen that car parked there intermittently, sometimes nearer the Wells Fargo than Pizza Barn, up until about the middle of 2008..I guess that's been about a year now.

Another thought. It may belong to someone that works in that bike/ski shop next to the pizza place, but like I said, I haven't seen it for awhile.

I do still watch for it when I pass through town, though on a very irregular basis. I have a bud that works right along main drag in G'ville that's a "car guy", next time I see him I'll ask him to keep an eye out for it.

I have a feeling it's parked "non-operational" somewhere locally, it'd be a cool car to revive and bring to WCSS.

With any luck, one of us will "stumble" onto it.

Ya mean you don't remember what you posted 5 years ago?:)

I'll keep my eyes peeled, and if i'm feeling ambitious, i'll ask somebody @ the bike shop or pizza barn about it.

I like the idea of it being garaged non-op, but the way EA81's are treated by the general public, it'll end up at the yard.