Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hi guys. I need some help. I've swapped and ej20g in to my Subaru pickup. I've had it running fine but recently its not started.

It was running fine one day, the next day it didn't so I made a different earth for it and I started straight away.

I then left it for another day. Not touched anything and it won't start. So I removed the new earth and it fired up again. Running brilliantly

Left it another day and it won't start at all. It cranks but I have no spark.

Has anyone got an answer for this.

Ibe already swapped the crack sensor over. I'm hoping it's just a relay that was intermittently broken and now has completed given up. Any help with this is appreciated.

Thanks

I've had a look at the pickup. Tried the foot on the gas, not that. I've checked all work I've done recently an I can't find a fault. I plugged the diagnosis plugs together and my ignitor started clicking but of I disconnect the diagnosis plugs it doesn't make a noise. Any more ideas?

how old/long since the timing system was serviced?

details on engine, year, mileage, etc.

the toothed idler, or the tensioner will often go bad before the belt breaks - even with 'time'. I seerviced that system on my 2006 WRX at just under 9 years of age, even though it had only about 60K miles on it - and the toothed idler was very loose and wobbling slightly, another idler was also very loose.

The grease goes bad in them with time I guess. Low usage for a car is also considered 'sever duty' and that is why many items need to be serviced according to the TIME side of the maintenance schedule.