Ultimate Subaru Message Board

whats wrong (or right) about this?

um, it feels so right to be so wrong? heh.

no clue what i'm supposed to notice. i see a lot that's "wrong" but i'm sure i'm missing the point. your rx has a donut too.

Yeah, that RX has 4 do-nuts on it...well...3...will ahve 4 tomorrow.

Well...for starters...theres a ricer filter on the car...the BOV as some piping...the oil filter is no longer in the stock location...and there is something behing the grille.....

ok, i'll spill it and post pics as I get them....

I installed front braided stainless brake lines.

Oil cooler (behind the grille there on the right...err, left side of the car)

Remote oil filter base (there at the air filter/flow meter assy)

plumbed up the BOV/recirc system correctly

re-hooked up the high idle thingy

installed that new air filter....its shorter than the cone, so the intake boot/hose is not bound up and stressed

changed the oil and use the OE SUBARU oil filter and crush washer (oh, funny pic for that one to come)

and....the brakes need to be bled tomorrow, still some air in it.

Oh and installed new belts and the new tensioner.

Since were all posting engine pics....

Anyway about that filter... as one can see I also have one that I got at checker. I just cleaned mine with the k&n kit and discovered something distrubing. The "filter" is made of "egg crate" padding material. Also did you make or buy some sort of adapter for it?

Phil

learn how to use your scanner day

post-5817-136027595333_thumb.jpg

Since were all posting engine pics....

Anyway about that filter... as one can see I also have one that I got at checker. I just cleaned mine with the k&n kit and discovered something distrubing. The "filter" is made of "egg crate" padding material. Also did you make or buy some sort of adapter for it?

Phil

learn how to use your scanner day

More pics to come.....

that fuel filter is only $3....and its rated for FI....

whats wrong with the stock location? Well....the air dam prevents air flow around it and the oil just gets hotter and hotter with that header right there.....on NA its fine. Plus, i wanted a non-T-stated oil cooling system, so I just moved it.

Oh crap, rain, stuff outside.

Ok...here are some more pics!

DSCF2493.JPG

Brake line!!

DSCF2494.JPG

Brake line pt2!!!!

DSCF2495.JPG

hey...thats not where its SUPPOSED to be...

DSCF2496.JPG

Wait...whats behind the grille there...?? WHOA!! I see a ricer filter!

DSCF2497.JPG

The pump side....

DSCF2498.JPG

While I was under there...snap a pic of the line....PT3!!!

DSCF2499.JPG

New tensioner, yay! Ooo...i see something behind the grille...?

DSCF2500.JPG

Ahhh....OE SUBARU filter!

DSCF2502.JPG

Some epoxy that seems to be holding that peice in rather well....i also did the otherside as well.

DSCF2503.JPG

(thats 3 QTs of FRESH mobil 1 10w30 synt there.... :banghead: ...reember to put the DRAIN PLUG IN!!! :banghead: )

DSCF2504.JPG

Its all put together. That filter leave space so that the intake boot is not bound up or stressed at all. Its foam in there....so i dont know about the advisability of running it for a longtime...PLUS the whole filter housing is plastic...hmmmm...

DSCF2505.JPG

The BOV and FIV plumbing...

DSCF2506.JPG

More hoses!!

Ok..edited!

oh man LOL I dropped a quart on the ground with that damn 'remember to screw in the dran plug' moment of increased retardation :drunk: ..which btw was sitting in the old hot oil I had just drained so I had to fish it out..lol totally ghetto use of plastic bag as glove...

lol btw lets not forget the xt power steering pump, ac comp. and belt system..

very cool mods let me know how them braided lines work out...

That XT stuff's been on there about...2 years now i think. Then braided lines are da bomb! I bled the system with the engine on this time, and had a helper...and that pedal is rock hard! Insta-response!

i do think that I need to get a new mast. cyl, and a brace for it.

I know the xt stuff's been there for a while lol I was just being a dumb@$$:lol:

anyway, where did you get those lines from? and did you get for the back as well?

its 1/2" fuel line...lol. From NAPA. 300 PSI rating. I figured it would work. Used it on my first oil cooler set up.

Oh, the stainless lines? thats secrect! lol The back are different and to my knowledge no one makes a stainless for the rear.