Ultimate Subaru Message Board

offered good money for GSR

subGSR

Just wanting opinions on the offer I have had for the GSR. A dealer or agent who has a client in europe, or so he says has offered $9000us which is about $16000nz for the car. Not sure if its genuine or a hoax, but they have been very persistant and annoying e mailing me for about a week now. I have told them no deal and no more corrospondence. But what do you think of the price if it is genuine. Your comments appreciated.

Thanks Kevin

this is a blue gsr right. if its the one im thinking of then i would pay 9000 for it if i had the money and it were for sale. as for what its relly worth. who knows.

kinda like my 73 split tailgate wagon. some guy offerd me 4000 for it but i couldnt sell it although im not shure my wagon is worth it.

might check the jap, r2ss pages and ask one of them there not bad if you use the alatvista web thinging. they would know better what its worth.

Yeh its the blue one. Look in the photo gallery under subgsr and you will see the 1972 GSR coupe. Very rare. And as for the split gate wagon ,I would love to see one as they didn't come to NZ.

I'm not familiar with your car so I've no clue as to it's worth but this sounds like a scam.

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6823&highlight=scam

Trust me, this is a common fraud attempt. They search the internet listings for big ticket items and tell you they have an interested party for your "goods". The idea is that they will send you a certified check for more than your "goods" are worth and you should send them the goods and the balance of the excess of the certified check. After you send them a cashier's check for the excess and the "goods" you find your bank will call you to tell you the certified check bounced. Report it to the FBI since it is internet fraud.

http://www.ifccfbi.gov/index.asp. I had a link somewhere that explained this scam in detail but I can't find it. The real tipoff is that they never specifically mention your item by name, only a generic term as well as noting that the author of the scam generally has english as a second language. Beware!

Just wanting opinions on the offer I have had for the GSR. A dealer or agent who has a client in europe, or so he says has offered $9000us which is about $16000nz for the car. Not sure if its genuine or a hoax, but they have been very persistant and annoying e mailing me for about a week now. I have told them no deal and no more corrospondence. But what do you think of the price if it is genuine. Your comments appreciated.

Thanks Kevin

NO,NO,NO its not for sale!!. Just wandered what people thought of the price offered and if it was lagit. Even if it is lagit its not for sale!!

Don't do it. Even if it's legit.

You want to get rid of, did you say, the ONLY GSR in your country? How do you know this person will take care of it? They could send it to a junkyard in a year's time...

Keep it, and enjoy it!