Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hello from newbie

Just wanted to say hi (and get rid of the annoying message telling me to). I am going to buy my second Subaru tomorrow, an 87 GL-10 4WD turbo sedan. Being a long-time gearhead, I plan on modifying the car a bitand look forward to sharing the experience. Just be prepared for a few possibly stupid questions:)

Thanks

Just be prepared for a few possibly stupid questions

The only stupid question is the one you're too embarrassed to ask. Depending on the actual questions, the worst you'll be likely to get around here are the standard RTFM replies, but you'll just about ALWAYS find what you need.

Good luck and welcome to the board!

Yeah, don't let the self-proclaimed "know-it-all" types scare you off. These are the ones that keep their FSM's within arms reach, and can't think on their feet.

There is usually someome who is willing to answer your questions throughly, and without undue harrassment. These are simple cars, and you'll soon become very proficient with them.

good luck, John

Hello from Finland!

I just wanted to say hi, too (and also get rid of that annoying message) :)

I have a MY87 Subaru Leone Turbo 4WD. I got it for 1200 euros a year ago and it has been a fun car for that money. I've got a modified DP and a 2.5 inch exhaust and a Hallman boost controller. Dynoed about 160 hp with 0.7 bar boost. The Leone has also white 15 inch rallye wheels, looks cool :)

Hi,

I've done my fair share of stupid question asking and its all good - its easy to pick things up quickly and it wont be long before we'll be able to answer a few questions :)

and for my next stupid question:

what does RTFM mean?!?? :D

welcome to the forums. its a great place to learn, dont ever be afraid to ask a quetion.

as for rtfm, i think it stands for "read the fugging manual"

eh, manuals are a great thing to have, but they dont always go into depth on some things, thats where the the forums come into handy.