Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

subarus breed more subarus

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 archemitis

archemitis

guy smiley

• Members
  • 3,554 posts
  • the big minnie

Posted 24 September 2003 - 05:39 PM

i just cant help it. i was in a parkinglot today and a guy starts talking to me about my hatch... says how he has one with a blown head gasket. says its cherry. so i went to look at it... it is cherry, wagon wheels dual range 84 brown 4speed 4x4 hatch. in minnesota! no rust... i say how bout 300 bucks, since she doesnt run... he says well ok. i dont need another subaru, but hey, how can i pass it up?

#2 ShawnW

ShawnW

Subaru Master Technician

• Administrator
  • 12,930 posts
  • Denver, Colorado

Posted 24 September 2003 - 06:10 PM

You have a private message. :D

#3 86subaru

86subaru

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 3,094 posts
  • ohio

Posted 24 September 2003 - 07:42 PM

just like me i brought a 87 xt 4wd a/t , a 88 turbo fwd a/t wagon , very cheap . :wave:

#4 calebz

calebz

Andys Coupe killed my cat

• Administrator
  • 7,547 posts
  • Tacoma

Posted 24 September 2003 - 07:55 PM

Yup.. got my first one.. next thing ya know, I had three.. driving number 4 now.

#5 WagonsOnly

WagonsOnly

Now only WagonsMostly.

• Members
  • 1,475 posts
  • North Central CT

Posted 24 September 2003 - 11:34 PM

We've been through a couple, too.
'62 360-mine
'69 360s (2) (parts)-mine
'70 Sambar (mine)
'75 DL wagon
'82 GLF (soon to be Mom's)
'82 GL wagon 2wd (sold)
'84 GL wagon 2wd (sold)
'87 GL wagon 2wd (given away)
'87 GL-10 Turbo wagon 4WD s/r-mine
'87 XT GL (cousin's, crashed it)
'89 XT Turbo GL (same cousin, killed it)
'88 DL wagon AT 2wd-the Soob that started it all-was my cousin's, then my father's, then my mother's, then my father's again, when the auto tranny went. And it only had 130k on it...
'88 DL wagon 5spd 2wd-"just visiting"
'89 DL wagon 5spd 2wd-Dad's old one, parted & going to the crusher
'89 DL wagon 5spd 4wd-beater, gone
'99 Forester---mine.

And coming soon, an '89 hatch and maybe an '84 wagon. Wish me luck in recovery.

#6 JonOfScio

JonOfScio

OMGZ!!! HATCH ATTACK!

• Members
  • 713 posts
  • Corvallis, OR

Posted 25 September 2003 - 09:35 AM

I'm still on my first hatch, I had the opprotunity to buy an XT from andrew not too long ago, but I was afraid of getting laid off from HP, and well... let's just say I'm not selling Cell Phones for Sprint because I want to.

Anyhow... my girlfriend said the other day... "I'll always remember your first car."

I said "First? Who says it has to be my first? First implies next, and I don't care for that." She's like "OMG, you don't actually expect to keep this the rest of your life do you?" "yeah, it can only get better!"

#7 richierich

richierich

• 3,760 posts
  • Portland

Posted 25 September 2003 - 01:12 PM

I actually think they breed in the driveway.

I mean I wake up in the morning, and there is another Subaru, and I don't remember buying it. But that nervous twitch I have is always gone. :D

#8 86subaru

86subaru

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 3,094 posts
  • ohio

Posted 25 September 2003 - 07:07 PM

know i have a chance to buy 87-88 turbo a/t gl-10 full time 4wd wagon and a parts car , i am sick , i already have 4 and a 2000 wagon :wave:

#9 Caboobaroo

Caboobaroo

USMB Drunk

• Members
  • 6,880 posts
  • Oregon City

Posted 25 September 2003 - 10:16 PM

Hondasucks got me into Subarus. First I started off with an 83 hatchback 2wd 5-speed that I bought from him for 200 bucks. Well before I knew it, I had traded it to a guy for my 79 wagon and I'm now looking at getting more (84 turbowagon 4wd) and maybe getting more. If only I stuck to my Camaros I wouldn't have all these Subarus............just lots of Camaros:D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users