Ultimate Subaru Message Board

my front bumper idea...

Numbchux

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to learn how to weld shortly to :) i know, i know, most 14 year olds cant weld(but not this one :)) I was thinking about saving up for a mig welder.

Ive been down the road you're headin' down. I had a 110v lincoln mig welder and it was nothing but issues. for a very small amount more (60-100$) you can get a 110v Hobart, or for a little more than that you can get a bullet proof Miller. The Hobart is Millers entry level welder, the wire feed is plastic but I think that the heavy duty Miller parts will bolt in when they wear out.

Your right about the hobart and miller but the tops in the "135 class" machines is the lincoln 135 + (not the 135 t). Its not a tapped machine so you get infinite control and no wire speed tracking. This machine is also over 500 bucks. Lincoln has a smaller machine but its just out on the market to be the cheapest of the name brands and I'd say its not very useful. Hobart is comming out with a strictly fluxcore machine that is supposed to be the simplest machine to use. Right now its $400 but I expect to see it under $300 after christmas.

d.

Your right about the hobart and miller but the tops in the "135 class" machines is the lincoln 135 + (not the 135 t). Its not a tapped machine so you get infinite control and no wire speed tracking. This machine is also over 500 bucks. Lincoln has a smaller machine but its just out on the market to be the cheapest of the name brands and I'd say its not very useful. Hobart is comming out with a strictly fluxcore machine that is supposed to be the simplest machine to use. Right now its $400 but I expect to see it under $300 after christmas.

d.

Ya, but the different sheilding gases let you weld stuff other than mild steel. (aluminum and OOOO stainless)

figure out a way to put a little baja bar or "bull bar" in there and it will look neeto:D

I like that design much better than the first.

something like this?

newbumperwbullbar.jpg

or did you want it full-width? I tried that, but that covers up the corner markers, which means I'll have to work the turn signals into the bumper....

quite honestly, I wouldn't want the bullbar, but if this get's the ball rolling on AA's side, that's awesome

only problem is, if AA's going to tube bumper's, I'm not sure how this would all fit into that. I really like the bumper I've got on the rear, and want something like it on the front

boy, I wish shadyirishmen would chime in with that's new in the AA shop these days. that would be really helpful

yea...I saw that, don't really like the bull bar part, but the tube bumper would be awesome!

I don't really care how you do it, but I don't want gap between the bumper and grill/headlights...and I want a piece down by the bottom of the radiator, with a way to mount the lights down there.