Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Fastest EA82 (or used to be) ever??

So what is the fastest EA82 vehicle there has ever been...engine swaps...mods....whos heard of one with the most horsepower? Am also curious if anyone has ever researched into the possibility of swapping a 2000 series turbo'd motor into an 87 4wd....was thinking about doing an EJ swap in the fairly near future but why take the time and money for a little 130-145 HP motor when with a bit of extra cash and a deal more time...can get a good start at around 200hp or more. any suggestions, ideas?

I take it you still havent solved the overflow door psi issue? From the looks of the graph it is still opening when you dont want it to. All that roller coaster stuff at the end is an obvious air/fuel ratio problem, which is most likely being caused by the system losing pressure.

Good luck on it Will.

Alex

Are we talking an older soob with a worked ea82t or an ej20t conversion?

in Aust..

One guy ....88 wagon, 93 JDM EJ20T (TDO5H), his starting point is 185 FW kw

there was another that has a really WORKED ea82t in a rx sedan, i think it had 260hp (dont quote me on that)

I will check these

yeah...insanity...thats what im going for....even if over the course of a couple years I end up spening about as much as it would cost to just buy like an outback sport or imp or something with just as much power.....will still be spread out more and the end result will be pretty head-turning. I remember someone saying why would you want to do this.........well why did anyone ever want to stop walking everywhere and eventually invent cars and such..cause they wanted to friggin go faster, and most of all...be different. I figure if in the end my 87 originally carbed subaru dreaming of 100hp tears up the trails around 250-300hp I will have a big friggin smile on my face...probably dream about it every night....and get a grin on my face every time some little civic or mustang or whatever pulls up next to me and I leave them in my dust.........really seems worth it to me. *shrugs*