Ultimate Subaru Message Board

'70's subaru spotted

I spotted this last week while I was down on the Navajo reservation in Arizona amid a whole bunch of old dissasembled chevy trucks down in a wash behind one of the settlements. Looks like a front wheel drive 5 speed coupe to me -- not sure what year exactly.

It was on the road not long ago apparently. Tags on it expired in 2001.

subaru1.1.jpg

subaru2.jpg

subaru3.1.jpg

Yeah, I know who owns it (or at least the family who lives in the camp right next to it, so I presume it was theirs). We delivered a semi truck full of donated food to the reservation, and this family's place was the staging center. I've got too many projects carwise right now to think about taking this on, but I thought someone else might be interested. Love to see it back on the road instead of composting. What would something like this be worth? I suspect it doesn't run, or they'd still be using it, but the body was in great condition. Oh, one thing you can't see in the picture is I think that the windshield is missing, so the inside's been a little exposed to elements.

Actually, we had a tandem axle trailer and a dodge cummins truck down there, so we could've brought it back to Colorado yesterday with us. Didn't think of that. :banghead::banghead::banghead: We're going down there again next spring, so maybe we can grab it then. And I'll keep an eye out for any other old suby's there -- every camp on the reservation has about 10-20 old cars behind it. Mostly pickups, but if anyone needs mostly rust free parts from 70's and earlier vehicles, the reservation is the place to get em.

wow. that looks just like te fe i worked on today at pull n save. but nicer. this could be worth a road trip. zyewdall i'm gonna pm ya.

moose i got yer glass.

Thanks John!!!

I say you should go get that coupe.I know you want one and you're the closest....maybe.

Man that light is something beautiful as it strikes that car,isn't it?Makes me want to pack up and leave with camera in hand.

• 3 weeks later...