Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Carlisle May 19-21

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arrrgggh! I wanna go! There is not one fiber in my being that will let me camp... heck, when I was a Girl Scout leader we stayed in a pretty little hotel, The Gordon Folger on Nantucket for our yearly trip. I felt bad that our sister troops were soggy messes sleeping on windblown, humid beaches. Yuck!

Anyway... Andrew...YOU LOVE TO DRIVE AND TAKE RISKS! Here's the deal... drive either Brat (your choice) down and back, Shane can drive the Justy. I'll buy your hotel room. I'll drive the Baja? Ya think it's doable?

So basically it is a car show, and you can camp out in the vacinity?....

living in york, you wouldnt have to camp if you didnt want to. carlisle to york is ~45 mins depending on traffic.

living in york, you wouldnt have to camp if you didnt want to. carlisle to york is ~45 mins depending on traffic.

OK, well after checking out the web sites.....I am in. I will register in a few weeks (march 25th). I will be there. I also map quested it, so more than likely we will drive back and forth every day. I'm in.

After you register, do they send you a map of where you will be, or do we all meet up prior to going in?

you get a card in the mail and on friday (or sat. if you don't come up on fri) you go to a special gate (I forget but I can clarify later) and you give the dude your card. He gives you a goodie bag of stuff and a window sticker that MUST be put on the car to go in and out.

Last year we were on the end of one of the asian rows. If you tell me when you are going to leavt to get there I would meet you and be more than happy to walk you through the process. I had to dumb my way around last year so...I'll help ya if you want me to. I am taking Friday off of work so I am most likely going to head up early that day. Last year it rained so I held off going so early in the morning but a true diehard was there and sat there in the rain for 4 hours (nkx). :headbang:

Last year it rained so I held off going so early in the morning but a true diehard was there and sat there in the rain for 4 hours (nkx). :headbang:

LOL..

I will probably be up Sat morning, so I dont have to miss 2 days of work. Ill just come sat, and Sun.

When the time draws closer, just IM me your phone #, and Ill call Sat morning before we leave.

thanks...

I have been following this thread for abit....and really wanted to go this year (since Carlisle IS my home town and I know everything there is about it) but with the buying of the house...planning a stinkin wedding...and a car thats on its last leg...its just not going to happen. Camping is cool there...the night life is a blast!! ALL the motels are over priced but alittle better if you cross the river and head to Harrisburg for one.Of course...one of my favorite things to do is go tent camping..nothing like it...this girl isnt a pansy.

The best little pizza and sub shop is close by...called George's..its in-town...head to the center of town to the main light at the courthouse and turn right ...block and a half down on the right.Or when you come out of the fairgrounds turn right and head up rt 34 into Perry County (10 minutes from there) and stop at Pandomonium Bar and Grill ( my old hang out..miss that place) Dark, and loud but food is good and they have something like 6 pool tables...or right past the Pando is Shermans Creek Inn...weekends they have a Buffet in the dining room that is good or if you are in the bar section (which is bright) the food there is awesome!

OK enough memories for me.......I miss PA

Are you reading this Ben??? sounds like a challenge to get your "project" done by May...

Why would it need to be done? I mean, it is after all the oldest known non airplane Fuji product this side of the pond and all. Who cares if it is just in pieces.:banana:

I sure don't! Bring it anyway!

And Connie, if a running/reliable car is an issue for you...you're welcome to drive something from my fleet down (how about a near-mint 360 sedan? :lol: )

Hummmm..this might be a possibility...have to see how things are going with the house...closing is in 2 weeks but we have a bunch of work to do to it.

A near mint 360 Sedan?????Stop talking dirty to me Andrew!!!!:grin:

Connie...I'm serious, if you want to go, you're welcome to drive my turbowagon down (maybe even the '73 if you're nice:lol:)

Drop me a line when you're done with the closing. If I end up taking Mary's Brat down for her, I'll need to find someone to bring my car.

413 twotwotwo 2428

matt, i registered the buggy and the wrx.

scott, you have mail.

if anyone needs directions, lodging info, or anything else of that sort, get in touch with me. im the local guy and can dig up whatever you need.

-john

who here is still interested?????? Scott hasn't been around in a long time....is everyone still interested or not????

IF YOU ARE STILL INTERESTED AND PLAN TO DO THIS PLEASE POST ASAP...I NEED A HEAD/CAR COUNT ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After hashing out all the logistics, it won't be feasible for us to attend Carlisle and have opted to go the WMB at Nashoba. I am sooooo, disappointed I can't make Carlisle, I would feel more at ease among friends!! I do have support from a few locals here and hopefully things will go well.

Both Brats have issues right now and hopefully, we can narrow them down to get them to make the hour and a half drive to WMB and back home! The caravan is out for me... they would have to leave an hour earlier but at least they wouldn't have to worry about getting any tickets. LOL!

Don't forget the "Little Meet" here on June 3rd!

since I conveniently live in mechanicsburg I'll have no trouble getting there and really look forward to it. :clap: :clap:

but I dont think my worn out 90 legacy is worth showing. someday I hope to get a xt6 or brat........

since I conveniently live in mechanicsburg I'll have no trouble getting there and really look forward to it. :clap: :clap:

but I dont think my worn out 90 legacy is worth showing. someday I hope to get a xt6 or brat........

Ohhhhh, don't feel that way... trust me, If i could do it, I'd get there... it's the cars, but more, it's the people that love them! GO!

I am still planning on going. This paycheck just sucked though. (flat rate mechanic....no work=paycheck) When is the dead line for registration? I know its only like $15 but when you only have $70 to raise a family of four on and 2 more weeks till next payday that is a lot. This was the worst ever, I have never got a paycheck like this before....But I will still be there somehow.