Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

6 Grand? Ouch!!!

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Anthenium

Anthenium

User Awaiting Email Confirmation

• Members
  • 139 posts
  • Metro-Detroit

Posted 22 March 2006 - 11:14 AM

I saw this for sale on eBay. BIN of $6k!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/...624306970QQrdZ1

Is this a Bargain, or a Typo? :eek:

Fat Tony

#2 Jerry DeMoss

Jerry DeMoss

Pushrods 'O' Fury

• Members
  • 2,408 posts
  • Colorado

Posted 22 March 2006 - 11:41 AM

I think the person who posted that one is smoking something.

#3 Jack in Norfolk

Jack in Norfolk

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,078 posts
  • Marblehead, MA

Posted 22 March 2006 - 11:49 AM

would that be Canadian dollars?

#4 robm

robm

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • Terrace, B.C.

Posted 22 March 2006 - 12:11 PM

That would be about market price for that car in Vancouver, B.C., if it had the original engine and only 150,000 km. Two years ago, I paid C$6800 for one with 134,000 km on it, and a METICULOUS maintenance record. You can get them cheaper, but the cheap ones are often beaten on, and still expensive for what you get.

Too many klicks on the body. They will probably take $5k or less.

Subarus are much more highly valued in Canada, because we actually NEED the 4x4.

#5 Jack in Norfolk

Jack in Norfolk

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,078 posts
  • Marblehead, MA

Posted 22 March 2006 - 12:16 PM

Subarus are much more highly valued in Canada, because we actually NEED the 4x4.

I've got a hunch that you are going to get a few responses on this one :grin:

#6 okanagansubman

okanagansubman

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Kelowna

Posted 22 March 2006 - 01:00 PM

i dunno. thats pretty steep. i dont think he will get that much for it. ive seen nice subarus for alot cheaper.(canadian)

#7 robm

robm

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • Terrace, B.C.

Posted 22 March 2006 - 01:01 PM

Sure, Colorado, Minnesota, etc. Lots of snow, I know. But I also see lots of cars mentioned on here, that say they have never been put into 4x4, and they don't even know if it works...

They don't last well here in Canada, either. The bodies rot. So a good one commands a premium price. EA-81's are very rare indeed.

I have a suspicion the older Subarus weren't as popular, here, either, so there isn't the number of them there is south of the 49th. This also puts up the price.

#8 ple1ades

ple1ades

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Reno NV

Posted 22 March 2006 - 01:09 PM

Yeah after seeing how bad they drive in Canada they need all the traction they can get.

#9 stephenw22

stephenw22

Certified Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • SK, Canada

Posted 22 March 2006 - 01:47 PM

This is in my province. It will be interesting to see how much money they get for it.

Let me translate a few things for you:

"Repaired" title - car has been totaled and repaired, probably poorly.

body rust "just starting" - rust is starting to bubble through the paint and show. In reality, the car is probably full of unseen rust and is only a few years from being completely rusted out.

I bought a car similar to this a few years ago. I paid $600, not $6000, and I was feeling pretty generous that day. I'd be surprised if he gets more than $2,000 for it. But hey, if someone wants to pay $6k for it, maybe I'll have to start importing Subarus and selling them here.

#10 calebz

calebz

Andys Coupe killed my cat

• Administrator
  • 7,547 posts
  • Tacoma

Posted 22 March 2006 - 02:19 PM

Also note is says 6k USD

Not canadian unless he screwed uP. Thats a lot of frigginmoney no matter where you are.

#11 pheonix165

pheonix165

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 299 posts
  • victoria bc (canada)

Posted 22 March 2006 - 10:36 PM

i paid 1500 for a one owner, full delership repaired, 200,000km. 6g usd thats pushing it, for that i could get an r32 skyline sedan (and i really want one of those)

#12 Qman

Qman

Happiness is... no lag!!

• 11,119 posts
  • Sumner

Posted 22 March 2006 - 10:48 PM

The point everyone seems to be missing is that it has a non-reserve bid of $51.00. Sure the BIN is high but most are. It looks like an every day POS. Nothing special and high mileage as well. Shouldn't go for much more than a couple of hundred.

#13 mbrickell

mbrickell

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 189 posts
  • Kansas City

Posted 22 March 2006 - 11:51 PM

If I was selling this kind of car on eBay, I'd probably start with no reserve and a ridiculous buy it now too, like this guy, as a joke. You never know, some idiot might do it. Can't hurt to ask. You won't get the money if you don't ask.

That being said, for $6k, there better be dancing girls, a time travel device, the cure for cancer, and a box with the key to world peace in it that comes along with the car...

#14 pheonix165

pheonix165

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 299 posts
  • victoria bc (canada)

Posted 23 March 2006 - 12:29 AM

um...actually it has a reserve

#15 bepa

bepa

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • new york city

Posted 05 June 2006 - 05:41 AM

That would be about market price for that car in Vancouver, B.C., if it had the original engine and only 150,000 km. Two years ago, I paid C$6800 for one with 134,000 km on it, and a METICULOUS maintenance record. You can get them cheaper, but the cheap ones are often beaten on, and still expensive for what you get.

Too many klicks on the body. They will probably take $5k or less.

could I ask, are the drivers not accostom to the white stuff in canada or what. they need subaru's in the southern half of the states. snow in florida or virginia now they need the 4x4. be safe and be well.

#16 Anthenium

Anthenium

User Awaiting Email Confirmation

• Members
  • 139 posts
  • Metro-Detroit

Posted 05 June 2006 - 06:51 AM

Well, the Auction Petered out at $1,025.00, Reserve Not Met. Hopefully the guy ACCEPTED the highest bid, and got this "Prize" out of his garage.

I paid $1500 for my Loyale, and think it was a bit much. If I had paid 4 X that amount, I HOPE someone here would come beat the $#!+ out of me, tie me up, and push me and the Soobie into Lake Erie, to settle next to Jimie Hoffa.

Blame Canada!!!
Fat TOny - www.smashbandits.com :headbang:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users