Ultimate Subaru Message Board

the bellybutton

Subaru_dude

iv done some pretty crazy stuff in a soob wagon that didnt have any momds exept some extreamly treaded tires only damage i did was to the front skid plate or back pumper on acount of whoopty dooos lol the low geard soob i think it could do it:grin: :lol: :lol: :grin::lol::grin::lol:

... I reckon you'd break something with you had two welded diffs.. Because nothing would give. All wheels must turn together..

Oh, another thing. I can imagine if you welded both diffs you wouldn't have the power (or maybe even the clutch) to get your self out of that hole. So, performance clutch plus EJ22 might be needed.

yeah, i was thinkin it wouldn't be possible in a soob... just cuzza the axles, I'm pretty sure something would break. BUT... do you think an auto might be better in that situation? you wouldn't really have a clutch to burn up. instead you have an entire transmission to destroy!!! oh yeah, this brings up an old subject. there was a new design of cv joint brought up on this board that was alot stronger than the current, most common design of cv joints. you could get them custom made for anything, but you had to be ready to ration your $10 a week cuz that's all you would have left, lol. let's say you manage to afford these custom cv joints, 6" lift, divorced t-case, 2.2, or maybe ditch the divorced t-case if my theory on autos is right (actually it's somebody elses theory but whatever), and lock up the rear, and maybe limited slip the front..... cuz all 4 locked would be such a horrible ride, lol. maybe after all that $$ and time it could be possible?? we can only dream. :rolleyes: i guarantee you somebody will tackle it with nothing but a lift and welded rear and climb outta there no problem, lol.

I just had a thought, what about an Auto with a t-case!?! I don't like autos, and I refuse to own or drive one, but I still am ok with saying they may be better in this situation..

You mean like this one? 2.2 AT AWD + nissan transfer case and 12 inch lift and 32s?

Mudratrubiconrocks.jpg

who wants god damn axles omg i just dont see it to have axles is piontles because ther is more to have get caught on ************ i think full indepndant is the best case you can have all wheels in diforent positions and u dont need as big of tires to rais everything up (axles and what not) sorry for the hijack but i just had to say :grin:

who wants god damn axles omg i just dont see it to have axles is piontles because ther is more to have get caught on ************ i think full indepndant is the best case you can have all wheels in diforent positions and u dont need as big of tires to rais everything up (axles and what not) sorry for the hijack but i just had to say :grin:

Are you just guessing, or speaking from experience?

QmanWCSS6flex.sized.jpg

not to kill it.....but i dont think its possibly....then again if one of u guys can proove me wrong....i'd love to show all my jeep buddies around here that subarus arent soccer mom cars haha

That's not the Belly Button at Moab that's just one of the smaller Spring Time potholes over here on the Cross Bronx Expressway on the East Coast. I'll take the Pepsi Challenge any day of the week!:-p

Actually that is a somewhat sick in the head pre-dug grave... you dudes are all nuts.:D

Did I mention you guys are nuts?; Respectfully,

1989 Subaru JUSTY RS 4WD

121, 009 miles

of course you'd think it's crazy, you drive a Justy. :grin:

;) Hey man, don't disrespect Subaru's disowned 3 cylinder red headed step-son!

We've got big ideas and dreams for this particular one.

For example, did you ever see our Bimmer-W? ...

241023662_918334dbd8_o.jpg

We don't run no regular kind of beauty school up over this way!

Let us know if you need to be pulled out of that pothole, :-p

1989 Subaru JUSTY RS 4WD

121, 021 miles