Ultimate Subaru Message Board

wcss check list?

Since you're likely going to stay the weekend, bring your camping gear. There might be a motel within 15 miles if you don't plan on camping overnight, but I really don't know. Bring food; I'm sure the ORV vendor will be there but the menu is limited. Raingear; not that I want to be a pessimist but the event is prior to the July 5th switch to sunshine that normally occurs. I can't think of anything else right now.

Oh, bring your rallycross car and helmet!

Bring a sense of community, and respect for those with families who may want to sleep at night. Also a sense to behave within expected norms - courtesy, honesty, responsibility, ... basic decent human principles. It's o.k. to cut loose, but not at the expense of others. Remember that many people put in countless hours and a bunch of money to put the show together. It only takes a couple of boneheads to put a damper on it and cause people not to want to continue volunteering in the future.

Bring a sense of community, and respect for those with families who may want to sleep at night. Also a sense to behave within expected norms - courtesy, honesty, responsibility, ... basic decent human principles. It's o.k. to cut loose, but not at the expense of others. Remember that many people put in countless hours and a bunch of money to put the show together. It only takes a couple of boneheads to put a damper on it and cause people not to want to continue volunteering in the future.
Thats a big 10-4........that should be addressed on the wcss#9 website also...........spark

The best suggestion by far.

The rest is common sense, hence my first post. You didnt say wether you were coming for the day or the weekend. Do you plan on staying at a motel or a tent? Or in your car? How about telling us what your bringing, then we'll tell you what your forgetting.

Oh yeah, a big bag of BS, cause theres plenty of that to go around.

ok, sure...

1)it looks like i'm bringing my 87 sedan, + helmet (even though the car may be rwd by then)

2)i will be tenting it!!! and i hope to be getting there friday night, so obviously i will be bringing my tent + sleeping bag. couple changes of cloths.

3)not sure yet what car my gf will be bringing so we may have a non-subaru (not really my choice)

4)bringing one of those camping bbq things but apparently i have to by fuel for it once i cross the boarder...

5)spare set of tires and tow strap...

6)cooler...i cant bring any food across the boarder either so i have to get that when i get there too.

7)yes i will have cash

wheres the nearest walmart?

when do the gates close on friday night? i was reading in the wcss9 thread that the gates will be open for early arrivals.

i know i'm forgetting a bunch here

I believe the nearest Wal-Mart is in Lacey (off of I-5 just north of Olympia; quick off and on). I'll get you better information as soon as I can. This exit also has a number of other stores as well as a grocery for supplies and a Costco for "bulk" food.

I stand corrected, no Wal-Mart in Lacey.

http://www.priceviewer.com/walmart_locations/WA.html

Closest locations to ORV park are Shelton and Aberdeen.

Here's the info on the Costco in Lacey. Exit off I-5 just after Nisqually Basin.

http://www.costco.com/Warehouse/locator.aspx?cm_re=1-_-Top_Right_Nav1-_-Top_locations

Oddly enough, the link requires you enter Lacey, WA each time. Sorry. Stupid software!

• 2 weeks later...

Wal Mart and Costco are not the only stores in existence. There are a couple of grocery stores (Without the long checkout lines and half-mile away parking) in the nearest town of McCleary. IIRC it's only about 10 minutes away from the show. Gas, carwash, ATMs, parts store, motel all there.

Wal Mart and Costco are not the only stores in existence. There are a couple of grocery stores (Without the long checkout lines and half-mile away parking) in the nearest town of McCleary. IIRC it's only about 10 minutes away from the show. Gas, carwash, ATMs, parts store, motel all there.

Certainly a plus to help out the local economy.

There is a Fred Meyer (food, clothes, .... better than walmart) at I think its the same exit in Lacey as Costco.... Thats where I've stopped for every trip that I've made south.. its about the time i need gas and food... :)