Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Justy 4x4?

Uberoo

Im just wondering how a 88 Justy 4X4 would do offroad with 23" ATV or "ag lug" tires?Maybe a little lift...

Offroad meaning trail running/mud, not rocks...

Justys are fine just dont have the low range you need , also not much clearance underneath, no lift avaliable , if your going to go threw the trouble get a car with a Dual range

Help me out here (please)?

Im just wondering how a 88 Justy 4X4 would do offroad with 23" ATV or "ag lug" tires?Maybe a little lift...

From someone that posts this:

currently Ive been looking at ramchargers and such because I seem to have massive issues with headgaskets on subaru's.Mostly ive had proplems with cheap cars and expecting them to be perfect.What If I were willing to spend a fair chunk of change on an EA81 car.IE really nice,low miles,never been overheated,full service history,etc,etc.

I am having this crazy idea floating in my head about a EA81 hatch or brat with the EA82 FI and farm type tires(massive lugs,low speed,massive traction) and a welded diff.Now I found a way to make tires happen but Im not sure if I can the hassle of what my subaru's have been all over again.

My dad is so fed up with the subaru being alwas broke he has offered to get a nice reliable rig.Only catch is I dont work on it.(theres ways around that...just no engine internal work.swapping carb to FI is ok...

Justy's have "issues", motor issues, transmission issues, driving them "normally", without jamming off road tires on them, and running the crap out of them. As I said before: I don't *think* you are going to be able to take a 10+ year old vehicle, modify it, and run the crap out of it, without "problems". ANY VEHICLE.

How it went from looking at ramchargers and such to toyota's,sammies,etc was because evidentaly my dad was willing to buy a vehicle but of his choice.He hates japanese cars because the "japs stole fish from the american fishers...)what the hell does that have to do with japanese cars?So anyway it went from a grant type of deal to more of a loan.I have to pay it back..

plus there is no way I can afford the gas on a V8...

Describe problems.

We are talking about cars here, old cars, not properly maintained, very little done to them, besides a set of tires, blasting through the woods.

Unless you take the time and trouble to maintain, and fabricate as necessary, you are going to have "problems", and likely lots of them. I have local guys here that have "problems" with Tree Farmers

http://www.equipfind.com/logging/1985TreeFarmerC5D.htm

ALL coming home to little/no maintenance, or just old clapped out stuff, or both (likely both).

How much does it cost, past the purchase price, to build something that will run reliably (and well) in the woods?

Here I have it figured the purchase price is the small part.

problems include 5 blown headgaskets and one thrown rod...mostly with street driving...

from someone that does not know how to work on the internals of an engine.if you do not have the knowledge it is ok.but don't blame the cars for your bad choices.

for ************s sake, they have feelings.

from someone that does not know how to work on the internals of an engine.if you do not have the knowledge it is ok.but don't blame the cars for your bad choices.

for ************s sake, they have feelings.

One headgasket, stuff breaks

Two headgaskets, it happens.

More then that is just an improper install, improper parts.

Throwing a rod, well, the justy got pissed, or committed suicide.

nipper

One headgasket, stuff breaks

Two headgaskets, it happens.

More then that is just an improper install, improper parts.

Throwing a rod, well, the justy got pissed, or committed suicide.

nipper

No comment.

Though, on a totally un-related matter, I will offer this:

I have a grandson who has been driving for 2 years, in those 2 years he has been involved in 15 accidents, one included a police car.

I said to him: Son, we all have things we are good at, and some things we are not so good at, I suggest you give this driving thing a bit of a rest before you kill someone.

No comment.

Though, on a totally un-related matter, I will offer this:

I have a grandson who has been driving for 2 years, in those 2 years he has been involved in 15 accidents, one included a police car.

I said to him: Son, we all have things we are good at, and some things we are not so good at, I suggest you give this driving thing a bit of a rest before you kill someone.

hehehe

Practice makes perfect, but hes practicing the wrong thing.

Sounds like he would make a good city boy(mass transit).

nipper

Not sure on this case as I don't know your grandson, but. In my experience some people just need to "grow up" before they drive and that sort of thing...