Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

13" - 14" Rims for winter tires

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 squatty

squatty

New User

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Portland

Posted 13 October 2007 - 11:52 AM

My '92 Loyale 4 wd has 185/70/13 tires on it's 13" 4 bolt rims.

Looking through Craigslist I see tons of 185/70/14 and other such 14" winter tires and rims.

Just wondering if there are 14" subaru rims with the 4 bolt setup or if I'm better off staying with the 13" rims.

#2 soobscript

soobscript

needs more time

• Members
  • 704 posts
  • Columbus, OH

Posted 13 October 2007 - 11:58 AM

They won't fit.
Your Subaru's bolt pattern is 4x140. Old Subarus and some old Peugots are the only cars with that bolt pattern.
The 4-lug wheels for sale are 4x100.

You can check junkyards or modify wheels/hubs to match (Chevy 6-lugs are popular).

#3 backwoodsboy

backwoodsboy

vintagesubaruparts

• Members
  • 1,058 posts
  • upstate NY, in the woods

Posted 13 October 2007 - 12:00 PM

14 inch rims will be 5 lug for the Legacy's ....sorry

Incidentally, Ive never had a bit of trouble with 13" tires in the winter (except for the REALLY deep snow) ...and the 13s are so much CHEAPER!

Check these out (48 bucks each -cant beat it!) http://www.tirerack....e=W&RunFlat=All

#4 Davalos

Davalos

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 431 posts
  • Ann Arbor MI

Posted 13 October 2007 - 01:45 PM

Check these out (48 bucks each -cant beat it!) http://www.tirerack....e=W&RunFlat=All

Is there anyone who makes 13" 4x140 rims? I took a chunk out of one of my alloys this week ... been thinking about new ones anyway ...

#5 cd45

cd45

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 337 posts
  • Shawnee

Posted 13 October 2007 - 03:07 PM

If you find anyone, let us know. I have been looking for a year or so and I can't find any.

#6 Truckerman666

Truckerman666

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Tremonton, Ut

Posted 13 October 2007 - 03:11 PM

Is there anyone who makes 13" 4x140 rims? I took a chunk out of one of my alloys this week ... been thinking about new ones anyway ...

About 2 weeks ago I was in my local Big O tire store for a tire rotation and asked them about this very thing. They showed my me quite a few new wheels that are available. Also some nice 13" snow tires for $46.00 each.

#7 calebz

calebz

Andys Coupe killed my cat

• Administrator
  • 7,547 posts
  • Tacoma

Posted 14 October 2007 - 09:45 AM

About 2 weeks ago I was in my local Big O tire store for a tire rotation and asked them about this very thing. They showed my me quite a few new wheels that are available..

in 4x140?

If so, links, pics and info would be nice for those still using that size.

#8 mikeshoup

mikeshoup

Ignorant

• Members
  • 2,190 posts
  • City and County of Denver

Posted 14 October 2007 - 10:06 AM

I've seen new 4x140 13" black steel wheels. Those are the only new ones I've ever seen in a tire chain.

#9 Truckerman666

Truckerman666

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Tremonton, Ut

Posted 14 October 2007 - 11:24 AM

in 4x140?

If so, links, pics and info would be nice for those still using that size.

They looked my car in a book to determine the bolt pattern, and then looked up some wheels and tires on a computer right there in the store. While most of the 13" tires showed as out of stock, there were some very nice, aggressive looking snow tires for $46.00 ea that were readily available.
Big O tires, about a mile from my house.

#10 calebz

calebz

Andys Coupe killed my cat

• Administrator
  • 7,547 posts
  • Tacoma

Posted 14 October 2007 - 12:15 PM

They looked my car in a book to determine the bolt pattern, and then looked up some wheels and tires on a computer right there in the store.

According to their site, they don't carry anything in 4x140.

Seriously - if you have viable info to the contrary and they do indeed have custom wheels for old school subaru/peugeot bolt patterns, it would be the find of the century. Though I can't imagine somone going out of their way to create a new line of customs for a 20 year old import:-\

#11 Hondasucks

Hondasucks

Subaru Technician

• Members
  • 4,760 posts
  • Vancouver, WA

Posted 14 October 2007 - 12:18 PM

I remember asking the same question at the local Tire Factory, I wanted some TSW Revo wheels for my car (87 hatchback) and he found out that they'd make me a set in a custom lug pattern but it was like $480 EXTRA, PER WHEEL this was also like 7 years ago, dunno if they still do it.

#12 Davalos

Davalos

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 431 posts
  • Ann Arbor MI

Posted 14 October 2007 - 01:10 PM

The only reason I would stay with the 13"s is that I can get my tires for $23 a peace in that size (165/70R13s) ... and that's just ridiculous. They're not off-road, or major snows, and they bend like waterbaloons around corners, but they're $23 each. from what 've seen, I can buy 3 sets of 13s tires for what I could buy a set of 14"s for.

Never thought about black stock & hubcaps ... I could check that out. Does anyone make a white-spoke wagon-wheel? I think I hve seen peeps with those - are those all 14"s?

#13 mykingcrab

mykingcrab

KINDNESS IS NOT WEAKNESS

• Members
  • 364 posts
  • S.W. MISSOURI

Posted 14 October 2007 - 01:14 PM

EA82 4x140 14x7 factory euro wheels from an XT4:burnout: :burnout:

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users