Ultimate Subaru Message Board

13" - 14" Rims for winter tires

My '92 Loyale 4 wd has 185/70/13 tires on it's 13" 4 bolt rims.

Looking through Craigslist I see tons of 185/70/14 and other such 14" winter tires and rims.

Just wondering if there are 14" subaru rims with the 4 bolt setup or if I'm better off staying with the 13" rims.

14 inch rims will be 5 lug for the Legacy's ....sorry

Incidentally, Ive never had a bit of trouble with 13" tires in the winter (except for the REALLY deep snow) ...and the 13s are so much CHEAPER!

Check these out (48 bucks each -cant beat it!) http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Compare1.jsp?width=175%2F&ratio=70&diameter=13&startIndex=0&search=true&pagelen=20&pagenum=1&pagemark=1&x=80&y=3&performance=W&RunFlat=All

Is there anyone who makes 13" 4x140 rims? I took a chunk out of one of my alloys this week ... been thinking about new ones anyway ...

Is there anyone who makes 13" 4x140 rims? I took a chunk out of one of my alloys this week ... been thinking about new ones anyway ...

About 2 weeks ago I was in my local Big O tire store for a tire rotation and asked them about this very thing. They showed my me quite a few new wheels that are available. Also some nice 13" snow tires for $46.00 each.

About 2 weeks ago I was in my local Big O tire store for a tire rotation and asked them about this very thing. They showed my me quite a few new wheels that are available..

in 4x140?

If so, links, pics and info would be nice for those still using that size.

in 4x140?

If so, links, pics and info would be nice for those still using that size.

They looked my car in a book to determine the bolt pattern, and then looked up some wheels and tires on a computer right there in the store. While most of the 13" tires showed as out of stock, there were some very nice, aggressive looking snow tires for $46.00 ea that were readily available.

Big O tires, about a mile from my house.

They looked my car in a book to determine the bolt pattern, and then looked up some wheels and tires on a computer right there in the store.

According to their site, they don't carry anything in 4x140.

Seriously - if you have viable info to the contrary and they do indeed have custom wheels for old school subaru/peugeot bolt patterns, it would be the find of the century. Though I can't imagine somone going out of their way to create a new line of customs for a 20 year old import:-\

I remember asking the same question at the local Tire Factory, I wanted some TSW Revo wheels for my car (87 hatchback) and he found out that they'd make me a set in a custom lug pattern but it was like $480 EXTRA, PER WHEEL this was also like 7 years ago, dunno if they still do it.

The only reason I would stay with the 13"s is that I can get my tires for $23 a peace in that size (165/70R13s) ... and that's just ridiculous. They're not off-road, or major snows, and they bend like waterbaloons around corners, but they're $23 each. from what 've seen, I can buy 3 sets of 13s tires for what I could buy a set of 14"s for.

Never thought about black stock & hubcaps ... I could check that out. Does anyone make a white-spoke wagon-wheel? I think I hve seen peeps with those - are those all 14"s?