Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Eric's trail wagon build, 56K b/w!

SoobieDoo

Oh, I learned the hard way that you really want to take the sway bar completely off otherwise it will dangle and get in the way of your steering stuff, and still hinder your flex a bit. I got lazy though and just cut the ends off right by the mounts with a 6" cutoff wheel on a grinder :grin:

-Bill

Thanks for that, Bill. I have no choice but to drive to work tomorrow, so I'll take er easy...for now!

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got lazy too... zzz

Better than taking off the skid plate and both pipes for something I'll never want back on.

New lawn ornament:

DSC00759.jpg

I'm also now thinking of going with 15's all around. That way I'll have more choices in tires if this ever become a serious wheeler. I just want under 27"s, so how 'bout a 205/70 or 75? Still looks like plenty o' meat for the light wheelin' I'll be doing. And I know they're not SSR's, but these look pretty decent:

http://www.coopertire.com/html/products/tires_suv.aspx?page=discoverer_atr

Old studded 205/75R15 from out back. Can you tell I park there often!?! :eek:

DSC00761.jpg

I have 26" tires. They are 14" but just to give you an idea. They are Wintermark Radial HT's pretty cheap tire, but they have held up very good so far, I have had them for 3 years now.

You drive the freeway with those?

The Scooby: What's your lift and don't you have an EJ in there?

You drive the freeway with those?

The Scooby: What's your lift and don't you have an EJ in there?

ya i do drive freeway, but i have yet to drive my car since i started the EJ swap a few weeks back. even on 3 cylinders it would hold 65mph.

i have the 2inch SJR lift, later this week i hope to add some 1.5inch spacers on the front sub-frame to help with my CV's rubbing on the front.

Eric just dont go with the 235's or it will rub a bit just like mine:grin:

Jeff

Where exactly are you rubbing at, Jeff? I'm surprised, even with 235's, with the wheel offset you got on there. I'm concerned now with those mazda wheels. I think they come in 15's too, but with these taller tires, I don't wanna hit the spring. Maybe a tad more offset would be good?

Scott, didn't I read that you ordered those hankooks some time ago? Who'd you go through?

Where exactly are you rubbing at, Jeff? I'm surprised, even with 235's, with the wheel offset you got on there. I'm concerned now with those mazda wheels. I think they come in 15's too, but with these taller tires, I don't wanna hit the spring. Maybe a tad more offset would be good?

Scott, didn't I read that you ordered those hankooks some time ago? Who'd you go through?

No I think you'll be fine, mine rub right at the back of the fire wall area. I think with what you are planning on running you be fine.

Jeff

these guys looks like 235/75-15 is the smallest in that pattern I have

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4-LT-235-75-R-15-6-PLY-HANKOOK-DYNAPRO-RT03-MUD-TIRE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1205Q7c66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a12Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318Q7c301Q3a1Q7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem270346124209QQitemZ270346124209QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

• 2 weeks later...

Here's some minor stuff to check off the list:

My custom 1/2 rack. :lol: Yeah, I know it won't hold much weight, but good for shovel, axe, high-lift, etc. The cool thing is that the other half of the rack is still good for hauling lumber and stuff. What do y'all think, cheesy?...I don't care!

DSC00797.jpg

This was obviously a display rack and I can't think of any use for these brackets. Cut 'em or leave as is?

DSC00796.jpg

This is about to go on, just getting the short pipe that bolts on nearby welded up. I've test fitted and the fit is absolutely perf! More ground clearance. :banana:

DSC00798.jpg

Lift and wheels soon...I promise.

Got wheels! :banana:

The price was just too good to pass up. Set of 5, 14" steel pugs for $37 INCL. TAX!!! They are not all the same, but I'll just put like wheels on the same axle. Does anyone know if different width wheels will change the tire's diameter? I don't think it'll be a prob, but better than replacing trannys all the time. I'm thinking the wider 6's on the back. Hammerite silver is next!

DSC00800.jpg

DSC00799.jpg

Sorry 'bout the sideways pic...I don't have a clue?

Soooooooo stoked!!! :grin: