Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Cheap easy lift for '84 GL Wagon 4WD?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 mcdanielsamuel

mcdanielsamuel

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • North Platte

Posted 23 June 2009 - 09:57 PM

Okay, I am not looking for something too expensive - under $200. I am also not looking for a huge lift. This will still be a daily driver. Is there an easy way to upgrade the struts to gain some lift of 2-4 inches? Or is it a better idea to save up for a lift kit from SJR or the like?

Thanks,
Sam

#2 tree18is

tree18is

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • San antonio

Posted 24 June 2009 - 02:14 AM

I really hope somone chimes in to help you It seems this site is more dead than ever. I must know where everyone is going to talk offroad scooby's

#3 bratman18

bratman18

ADIDASubarus

• Members
  • 3,429 posts
  • Jefferson, Maine

Posted 24 June 2009 - 03:50 AM

You can very easily make a lift your self. You just need some material and a few simple tools.

#4 gwilson87

gwilson87

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 278 posts
  • Orem, UT

Posted 24 June 2009 - 07:13 AM

"Sticky: Frequently Asked Questions: Tires Wheels Lift Kits Mods for offroading Soobs."

This thread at the top of the offroad area has a lot of links to different people who have made their own lifts. Hope this can get your creative juices going. I am taking some of their ideas to make my own lift. I'll send you information as soon as it gets done.

#5 monstaru

monstaru

wow, relevance....

• Members
  • 4,379 posts
  • OlyWa

Posted 24 June 2009 - 07:29 PM

most all of the info you need as a soob offroad newb is listed,as stated before,in the stickie up top.

with a little imagination and some time it is very simple to build these cars.and if you have no fab skills,they are very cheap to buy already setup.look around a little more.searching can help alot.

cheers, brian

#6 mcdanielsamuel

mcdanielsamuel

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • North Platte

Posted 26 June 2009 - 08:32 PM

Yes, the "sticky" is outdated with dead links all over the place. It is really only half helpful at best.

Well, looks like I'll have to leave this idea to rest for awhile.

Monstaru thank you for a reply that was helpful.

#7 SoobieDoo

SoobieDoo

GL's...the luxury wheeler

• Members
  • 838 posts
  • ZigZag

Posted 27 June 2009 - 09:22 AM

Sorry that no one chimed in sooner. Searching for lifts would prob not be very successful. I would suggest adding some crossmember blocks to this:
http://www.ultimates...ead.php?t=94629
:)

#8 ezapar

ezapar

[OWB]

• 27,081 posts
  • Seattle

Posted 27 June 2009 - 10:17 AM

Yes, the "sticky" is outdated with dead links all over the place. It is really only half helpful at best.

Well, looks like I'll have to leave this idea to rest for awhile.

Monstaru thank you for a reply that was helpful.

Sorry about the links and the like. Next time I have a couple of extra hours, I'll see what I can do to update the sticky. Till then, I'll let it drop so I won't confuse or upset you.

Cheap easy lift? Adjust your suspension up. It will give you an inch or two of lift.
Want taller? Then it won't be easy or cheap. Fabbing your own lift is hardly easy. Installing your first lift won't be easy. But after you're done, you'll think it was worth it.

www.SJRlift.com <---try that link.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users