Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Help Please! - Direct Front Brakes Swap

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#26 T'subaru

T'subaru

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 443 posts
  • T'sunami Coast WA

Posted 20 October 2010 - 08:40 PM

[quote name='Loyale 2.7 Turbo'][SIZE=3][COLOR=yellow]Thank you Mark, You're So Kind; but that Thread was pointed about the Rear Brakes and my Problem are with the Front Brakes... So I Still need a Solution.

This thread was offered up as a way for you to eliminate the park brake cable from your front calipers and relocating them to the rear. Best of luck resolving your brake issues.
Mark

#27 Loyale 2.7 Turbo

Loyale 2.7 Turbo

The Mighty "BumbleBeast"

• Members
  • 5,810 posts
  • Roatán, Honduras.

Posted 21 October 2010 - 04:44 PM

...This thread was offered up as a way for you to eliminate the park brake cable from your front calipers and relocating them to the rear. ...

Yes, I Understood That, I Believe that's a Good Idea too...

Thank You again.

...I have 4 lug EA knuckles, 5 lug EA xt6 knuckels, and 1st gen legacy knuckles down at my shed. If you want I can mix and match parts and see what fits for you. ...

Oh my God! ... Yes!!! :banana:

Please do that if you Could... Because if you can tell me Which exactly Caliper Works in the EA Braclet, without e-Brake Stuff... it could be the Answer to my Prayers!

Thank you in Advance.
Kind Regards.

#28 Loyale 2.7 Turbo

Loyale 2.7 Turbo

The Mighty "BumbleBeast"

• Members
  • 5,810 posts
  • Roatán, Honduras.

Posted 01 November 2010 - 03:23 PM

... If you want I can mix and match parts and see what fits for you...

Any News? :)

#29 Loyale 2.7 Turbo

Loyale 2.7 Turbo

The Mighty "BumbleBeast"

• Members
  • 5,810 posts
  • Roatán, Honduras.

Posted 18 November 2010 - 03:57 PM

Posted Image

BumpityBump!!!

#30 Scoobywagon

Scoobywagon

Evil Genius (tm) for Hire

• Members
  • 1,044 posts
  • Bremerton-like

Posted 18 November 2010 - 06:04 PM

I have to do some work on my daily driver in the next couple of days. I'll bring my EJ calipers in to see what it would take to swap them on to the EA knuckles. As for the Nissan Silvia, that was sold in the US as the 240SX. Could have been sold there also.

#31 Loyale 2.7 Turbo

Loyale 2.7 Turbo

The Mighty "BumbleBeast"

• Members
  • 5,810 posts
  • Roatán, Honduras.

Posted 19 November 2010 - 03:13 PM

...the Nissan Silvia, that was sold in the US as the 240SX. Could have been sold there also.

Yes... I have seen some of those here...

#32 Loyale 2.7 Turbo

Loyale 2.7 Turbo

The Mighty "BumbleBeast"

• Members
  • 5,810 posts
  • Roatán, Honduras.

Posted 18 December 2010 - 01:15 AM

OK... Long time Passed by and I already Lost the Hope to obtain the EJ Calipers fitted on EA Bracklets.

Now I want to Buy both Front Calipers Brand New...

Does Anybody know where (on-Line) Could I buy them Cheap? (Complete with the e-Brake Setup)

Kind Regards.

#33 renob123

renob123

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 719 posts
  • Hillsburrito, OR

Posted 18 December 2010 - 01:19 AM

Rockauto.com is your best bet. I got refurbished calipers there for cheap, and they work well. Check online for discount codes for them too.

Sorry I couldn't help more. I don't have the resources.

Jacob

#34 Scoobywagon

Scoobywagon

Evil Genius (tm) for Hire

• Members
  • 1,044 posts
  • Bremerton-like

Posted 18 December 2010 - 01:40 AM

JesZek, lo siento mucho. Estoy totalmente de espacio, en esta cosa. Creo que usted podría conseguir pinzas EJ de la existencia, pero que va a requerir algún fabricación bastante extensa. Puesto que usted ha hecho una conversión ER27, sospecho que no será un gran problema para usted. Sólo se advirtió. La próxima vez que tenga mi GL en el ascensor, yo prometo que voy a entrar ahí con las pinzas de EJ y ver los detalles. Lo sentimos!

#35 Loyale 2.7 Turbo

Loyale 2.7 Turbo

The Mighty "BumbleBeast"

• Members
  • 5,810 posts
  • Roatán, Honduras.

Posted 18 December 2010 - 02:16 AM

I'll Try Rockauto online; Thanks Renob123.

ScoobyWagon: Thank You... the Front Calipers I Need, aren't for my ER27 Wagon (which is Crashed now) Those are for my Other Wagon, the Weberized EA82...

Kind Regards.

#36 Loyale 2.7 Turbo

Loyale 2.7 Turbo

The Mighty "BumbleBeast"

• Members
  • 5,810 posts
  • Roatán, Honduras.

Posted 30 December 2010 - 12:02 PM

Right now, a Friend in Miami Fl. just called me by Phone, he's Coming here to Visit me and asked if I Wanted Something from there...

I Just Asked him to Search for the Front Calipers for my EA82 Wagon. Maybe a Rebuilt set...

#37 renob123

renob123

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 719 posts
  • Hillsburrito, OR

Posted 30 December 2010 - 12:13 PM

Right now, a Friend in Miami Fl. just called me by Phone, he's Coming here to Visit me and asked if I Wanted Something from there...

I Just Asked him to Search for the Front Calipers for my EA82 Wagon. Maybe a Rebuilt set...

That's good news, although I'm sure you could have had rebuilt ones delivered to you weeks ago if you had used rockauto.com.

Jacob

#38 NorthWet

NorthWet

Eeyore Incarnate

• Members
  • 5,039 posts
  • Bremerton, WA

Posted 30 December 2010 - 02:21 PM

That's good news, although I'm sure you could have had rebuilt ones delivered to you weeks ago if you had used rockauto.com.

Jacob

Do not underestimate the difficulties and cost of shipping goods from another country.

#39 renob123

renob123

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 719 posts
  • Hillsburrito, OR

Posted 30 December 2010 - 02:26 PM

Do not underestimate the difficulties and cost of shipping goods from another country.

I haven't had any major problems with it in the past, but I know what you're saying. It can't be as bad as keistering brake calipers on an airplane:lol:

Jacob

#40 Loyale 2.7 Turbo

Loyale 2.7 Turbo

The Mighty "BumbleBeast"

• Members
  • 5,810 posts
  • Roatán, Honduras.

Posted 30 December 2010 - 02:40 PM

Jacob, could I Ask what is the Meaning of the Word...

... keistering ...

...That you Wrote? :confused:

Kind Regards.

#41 renob123

renob123

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 719 posts
  • Hillsburrito, OR

Posted 30 December 2010 - 02:48 PM

Jacob, could I Ask what is the Meaning of the Word...

...That you Wrote? :confused:

Kind Regards.

I was trying to be funny. I think that word originates from people trying to sneak things into prison. They'd put them in their butts, or "keisters" because that's the only place the guards wouldn't look. Obviously your friend in Florida won't be doing that, but I'd imagine he or she may have at least some difficulty moving calipers.

I've only dealt with the Canadian border, so my experience may be quite different.

Jacob

#42 987687

Rally Suby!

• Members
  • 3,579 posts
  • Northern Maine

Posted 30 December 2010 - 02:56 PM

Shipping overseas can be a major huge pain in the rear. There are tricks to get around custom crap, and whatnot. But buying from an online retailer and having them ship overseas can be the biggest pain. They legally can't lie about why they're sending the package, so it can hang up in customs, get major fees attached to it, etc.
If it's just a personal package you can say it's a gift, or sample merchandise or something and it'll get through without an issue.

#43 Loyale 2.7 Turbo

Loyale 2.7 Turbo

The Mighty "BumbleBeast"

• Members
  • 5,810 posts
  • Roatán, Honduras.

Posted 30 December 2010 - 02:59 PM

Thank you for your Kind Reply... Now I Understood "Keisters" :)

The Guy that is Searchin' for the Calipers just called by Phone again, asking my Subie's Vin Number... he said that the Salesman needed it to Search for the Proper Part on their Database...

I'm Crossing Fingers now...

if he could bring those calipers here, I will Avoid Taxes and Shipping Costs. :banana:

Kind Regards.

#44 Loyale 2.7 Turbo

Loyale 2.7 Turbo

The Mighty "BumbleBeast"

• Members
  • 5,810 posts
  • Roatán, Honduras.

Posted 30 December 2010 - 03:02 PM

Shipping overseas can be a major huge pain in the rear. ...

You mean "Keisters" :lol:

Well... Yes!

I experienced that Several times, including my Brand New Weber Conversion Kit I Obtained in 2006 online, and more recently, the Rear Disc Brakes sent by a Good Friend here, in USMB.

Customs Clearance was a Nightmare.

#45 987687

Rally Suby!

• Members
  • 3,579 posts
  • Northern Maine

Posted 30 December 2010 - 03:04 PM

I've lived all over the world. So I've done a lot of shipping overseas... It's awful.

#46 Loyale 2.7 Turbo

Loyale 2.7 Turbo

The Mighty "BumbleBeast"

• Members
  • 5,810 posts
  • Roatán, Honduras.

Posted 06 January 2011 - 10:33 AM

My Friend called again, the Salesman needed more Details about my Ride and the Parts I Needed, so my Friend gave his Cellphone to the Salesman to Talk Directly to me.

Holy Weird Behaviour... After I Gave the Needed Details, he Just said:

"...Your Car is Very Old, go get a New one..." :( "...we Don't have that Part..."

So, Seems like I Lost the Chance for Now...

Edited by Loyale 2.7 Turbo, 06 January 2011 - 10:36 AM.

#47 renob123

renob123

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 719 posts
  • Hillsburrito, OR

Posted 06 January 2011 - 11:10 AM

My Friend called again, the Salesman needed more Details about my Ride and the Parts I Needed, so my Friend gave his Cellphone to the Salesman to Talk Directly to me.

Holy Weird Behaviour... After I Gave the Needed Details, he Just said:

"...Your Car is Very Old, go get a New one..." :( "...we Don't have that Part..."

So, Seems like I Lost the Chance for Now...

What he said is total BS, but I'm not surprised. When will your friend visit you? He may still have time to order from Rockauto or a good Subaru parts place like subarugenuineparts.com.

Jacob

#48 Loyale 2.7 Turbo

Loyale 2.7 Turbo

The Mighty "BumbleBeast"

• Members
  • 5,810 posts
  • Roatán, Honduras.

Posted 07 January 2011 - 11:57 PM

Thank you, Jacob.

Hes's Coming Tomorrow Morning, so I'll Travel to the Capital City Airport, but Also I've Called to the Local Subaru Dealer There, Asking about which parts they have to Rebuilt my actual Calipers... Again!

The Salesman said something About a kit with New Pistons + O-Rings. So I Have a Question:

is Worth Buying New Pistons for my Old Calipers?

I Tought that Those will Never need to be Changed...

#49 Loyale 2.7 Turbo

Loyale 2.7 Turbo

The Mighty "BumbleBeast"

• Members
  • 5,810 posts
  • Roatán, Honduras.

Posted 13 January 2011 - 05:29 PM

Well...

I obtained some extra Money and went to the Stealership to buy New Parts to Rebuild (once again) my Subie's Front Calipers; also I Asked for a New Hill Holder Check Valve, just in Case I had Enough Money...

First I Asked for the Price of a Brand New Complete Caliper, The Salesman Show me this:

Posted Image

Yes, They Have it but Only two for the Left Side... :banghead: ...and is Very Expensive

Posted Image

its Cost is around $ 180.ºº US Dollars, but the Funny Thing is that Subaru Wrote...

Posted Image

... Cariper, instead of Caliper...

That's a Japanese usual Translation Mistake, to Confuse the "L" with the "R" Letter? I remember something about an Aporogize for a similar Confusion...

#50 Loyale 2.7 Turbo

Loyale 2.7 Turbo

The Mighty "BumbleBeast"

• Members
  • 5,810 posts
  • Roatán, Honduras.

Posted 13 January 2011 - 05:32 PM

So I Didn't Purchase that "Cariper" :rolleyes: it was Too Expensive and I Needed the Pair.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users